We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maren
Champion October 2021

It's a Date!

Maren, on July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Posted in Planning 93

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé! Freas Photography Kate + Bee Photography Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some...

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé!

Freas Photography cfb_994842.jpgKate + Bee Photographycfb_994844.jpg

Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some helpful advice:

9 Things to Consider To Set Your Wedding Date

The Wedding Dates To Avoid

Save Money By Picking The Right Wedding Date

More about the big date: Do you have a famous date twin?

93 Comments

• J
    Just Said Yes April 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding date is the day we went on our first date. We were best friends for a year before. 😍😍
  • shannon.sv
    Devoted August 2020
    shannon.sv ·
    • Flag

I am a big fan of even numbers and doubles, so we picked double evens: 8/8/2020! And my FH says it should be pretty easy to remember Smiley xd

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Shannonsvitil! Smiley heart

Love it, easy numbers & it will be a perfect August wedding! Thanks for sharing. Smiley heart

• Marcy Kamery
    Dedicated April 2019
    Marcy Kamery ·
    • Flag
    We decided to get married in 2019 so at first we choose my parents anniversary in December then quickly realized it was really far away and we didn’t want to wait that long, so we decided to change it.. We really didn’t have another date in mind , so while enjoying a new brewery we kept saying “we’re doing this for 20- 19” and as the refreshments continued the saying became”for 20-19 “ which led us to our wedding date 4-20-19.
    ... Goofy I know but we’re excited about it!! 🤪
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Marcy Kamery, this is such a great story! I love the reason behind your wedding date & that you stumbled upon it organically like this Smiley heart You should be so excited about it!! Congrats on your engagement & date-setting plans!

• R
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Robin ·
    • Flag

I am remarrying my ex and we wanted to keep the same date as our first wedding- January 12th. It will be exactly 30 years since we married the first time and we can sort of pick up where we left off...

• Jennifer
    Super December 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I have always wanted a winter solstice wedding because it is the shortest day of the year so earliest sunset so I could have a 4:00 wedding fully candlelit and still be out early enough to have a nice multi-course dinner. I also have always wanted to wear my Grandma's dress and she was married at the end of November so it is a warm dress for cold weather so winter is a must. However the solstice is too close to Christmas for guests to have an easy time getting there and getting the time so we decided on earlier in December. It was originally going to be the 7th (yes Pearl Harbor Day) because that was the date that my grandparents got back from their honeymoon (actually while Pearl Harbor was happening - my grandfather walked into their apartment to the ringing phone with orders to report immediately for service - he was an Army Air Corps Private and radar operator). But one of my sister's teaches in Iceland and that is the halfway point of their finals period and would have a lot of trouble getting here so we pushed it back a week to 12/14/19 which my fiancee pointed out later is exactly 2 months after we started dating. (that also let us push up the time because it is a completely free weekend for my church whereas the 7th had other things going on earlier in the day so we couldnt start until almost 5).

We arent losing that much night time as it is really only a minute or two difference in sunset between the 14th and the 21st.

• K
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Kahra ·
    • Flag
    We are both Uber nerds, and Pi has always been kind of an inside joke between us. We actually eloped on Pi day proper (3-14-15), and decided that we wanted to have the "big wedding" on the same day. It happened to work out that the next Saturday to fall on Pi day was our 5 year wedding anniversary, so that's what we are going for! We figured 5 years was a perfect time to celebrate and renew our vows, since so much in our lives has changed, but not our love for each other.

Nerds unite!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Kahra! Smiley laugh Pi day proper for your elopement & a 5 year Pi day anniversary too---Love it!!!!

• Jazmin
    Devoted January 2020
    Jazmin ·
    • Flag
    The specific day isn't special to us, but the winter season is. As a couple we enjoy winter activities and sports a great deal, so a January wedding sounded perfect for us!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's awesome Jazmin! Sounds like great reasoning to me. Smiley smile

• M.M.
    Devoted December 2018
    M.M. ·
    • Flag

At first We had picked a date in August thinking of others, then we changed it to December 26 because I want to have a romantic date for us after Christmas since we don’t have little kids, it will be special for us adults.

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi M.M.! What a good idea! Your date sounds super special and so romantic with the season Smiley heart

• M.M.
    Devoted December 2018
    M.M. ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh, that cake. Yummy!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ohmygosh! I love these inspiration pics! Your wedding is going to be so romantic! Smiley heart Thank you for sharing Smiley heart

• S
    Savvy April 2019
    S ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Woo hoo!!! My birthday!! I met my FH on January 21st...getting married on April 14th, 2019...my mom's birthday....as a tribute to her.
  • LoweryForLife
    Devoted December 2018
    LoweryForLife ·
    • Flag

December 8. Means nothing to us, other than it won't be hot. We despise all things summer and heat related. We're from the south haha

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's perfect reasoning to me! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Just Said Yes November 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Maren, we chose November 23rd because it is almost a week before my sister's birthday and I love my sister so much.
  • B
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    So far, the plan is to have it exactly one year from the day he proposed which lands on a Sunday! Also, it’s in September when the weather is cooler, which is perfect for an outdoor wedding!

Comment on this discussion