We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maren
Champion October 2021

It's a Date!

Maren, on July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Posted in Planning 93

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé! Freas Photography Kate + Bee Photography Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some...

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé!

Freas Photography cfb_994842.jpgKate + Bee Photographycfb_994844.jpg

Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some helpful advice:

9 Things to Consider To Set Your Wedding Date

The Wedding Dates To Avoid

Save Money By Picking The Right Wedding Date

More about the big date: Do you have a famous date twin?

93 Comments

• futurmrslowe
    Super December 2018
    futurmrslowe ·
    • Flag

It was available at our preferred around the general timeframe we wanted to get married. It's also generally around 2 years from when we met.

I wasn't too crafty about this one!

• futurmrslowe
    Super December 2018
    futurmrslowe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I wanted that date because it's the day he proposed & is also my parents anniversary.

My parents nixed that one and threatened never to babysit our future children if we wanted to go away for our anniversary....Smiley laugh

• Kaitlyn
    Beginner October 2018
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    We missed he mark with our date- I am SUPER into Halloween and wanted to get married on Friday October 13th, but that was in 2017. We decided on Friday October 12th 2018. The date isn’t really that important to me, thought having Friday the 13th would have been cool I think!
  • Jules
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jules ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We met snowboarding ☺️ So glad it blossomed the way it did!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ohmygosh how cute! Smiley heart Happy for you both!

• Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking vary vintage with hearts and just vary romantic looking

It's a Date! 1

It's a Date! 2
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Okay, I love Valentines Day & this is so perfect & totally just peaked my personal interest hahaha Smiley heart Smiley heart Smiley heart Love your rustic valentines romance theme---so sweet!

Thank you for sharing your inspiration and please please don't hesitate to share more pictures throughout your wedding planning process!

• Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much .... I love shopping at antique stores and I actually found a wedding dress for $100. My Mom knows how to make dresses have a corset back .... so I am going to do that. I sadly lost the picture of the dress .... when I broke my old phone .... but I can always get a new one some other time .... all the bridesmaids will have on different style and colored dresses. And I can't wait for the big day.
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ahhh yes please! Can't wait to see Smiley heart & You should be excited! I bet the variety in the bridesmaids dresses will be lovely too!

• Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hope so too
  • Future Mrs.Mendoza
    Dedicated January 2019
    Future Mrs.Mendoza ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, just wanted to get married in the beginning of the year lol January 4th seems fun, we both love the cold and didn’t wanna do it in December because, one, his birthday is 3 days before Christmas, and two, holidays. We just wanna get it over with and move in together, we’ve been together for 5 years and just felt ready. Smiley smile
  • Seatreasure
    Savvy July 2019
    Seatreasure ·
    • Flag
    I always wanted a summer wedding because a) I'm in teaching and b) English weather tends to be slightly nicer. We're getting married on our 5 year dating anniversary which just so happens to fall on a Saturday next year which is perfect for us.
  • Allie
    Super September 2018
    Allie ·
    • Flag

9.15.18 I liked it because it was "fall" and the right amount of time to plan, so thats the one we picked! Nothing special as far as it is also another special date for us, but it will be now! Smiley heart

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Totally true! No matter what the date is, it will surely be special now Smiley smile Smiley heart

• FutureMrsS
    Expert October 2018
    FutureMrsS ·
    • Flag

Our dating anniversary is in October Smiley smile and we love fall and pumpkin everything!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love fall too & happy to hear these pumpkin everything plans! Smiley smile Can you share, how are you incorporating pumpkins? Decor, dessert, & more?

• FutureMrsS
    Expert October 2018
    FutureMrsS ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sure! We are planning on doing a romantic fall theme with shades of purple, rose gold, white, and gray. The tables will have lavender tablecloths with white pumpkins down the center with dark purple flowers and some greenery, rose gold candlestick holders and white candles. We are going to do a donut/ pie bar and will be serving coffee, tea, and milk. These are just a few of my ideas so far!

It's a Date! 3

It's a Date! 4

• BB-H
    VIP September 2018
    BB-H ·
    • Flag

There's really nothing special about the wedding date except that I've always wanted to get married in the fall! I know it's technically summer still, but I still consider September part of the fall. I have a monthly commitment on the second Saturday of every month, so we went with the third Friday.

• Bride107
    Expert October 2018
    Bride107 ·
    • Flag

October 2005 we were dating and in college, we had a big argument, but he told me he was "in this and committed to me and he only wants me" so we decided to become official.

Were getting married in October and on somewhat a College campus, the date was Halloween and that's on a Tuesday this year lol. so we picked 7 our favorite number. Smiley catface

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds so pretty! Purple shades and rose gold will be such a unique combination that will totally compliment the fall feeling without being super conventionally "fall colors". I love it, your entire vision sounds so cohesive! Smiley heart Thank you for sharing!!

Comment on this discussion