We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maren
Champion October 2021

It's a Date!

Maren, on July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Posted in Planning 93

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé! Freas Photography Kate + Bee Photography Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some...

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé!

Freas Photography cfb_994842.jpgKate + Bee Photographycfb_994844.jpg

Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some helpful advice:

9 Things to Consider To Set Your Wedding Date

The Wedding Dates To Avoid

Save Money By Picking The Right Wedding Date

More about the big date: Do you have a famous date twin?

93 Comments

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

Our wedding date is special because it's our wedding date (June 29). We tried for other days in the month, but had to take what was available.

It's also one day after my parents' anniversary (49 years this year), which gives us some inspiration.

• Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Originally, our date held no meaning. We walked into our venue and said we wanted to get married in the fall, but all their fall dates were booked. Literally the only date they had wide open, surprisingly, was 8.18.18. We went ahead and booked it, not even realizing how absolutely COOL the date is!

I got home and told someone when it was and looked at the date and went "wow, look how cool our date is honey!"

Come to find out, my MOH met her husband on August 18th, and the number 8 is a very lucky number in certain cultures. Now that it's our date, we're incredibly excited and I LOVE seeing that date on everything!

• Bailey
    Super March 2019
    Bailey ·
    • Flag
    March 23, our wedding day will be our 6 year anniversary! We’ve known this would be our wedding day for years- even before we were engaged.
  • Molly
    Dedicated June 2019
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    June 29 is my parents anniversary and it happens to fall on a Saturday next year 😊 they’ll have been married 45 years and we’re getting married in the same church they did! So special!
  • Ingrid
    Super September 2018
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    I originally wanted to do the anniversary of the day we started dating because it was a saturday in 2018 — August 25. But i’m set on having an outdoor ceremony, and I think I would get too hot taking pictures all day in Alabama for an August wedding. So I decided late September or early October would be a perfect time of the year, so then we had to look at the most important thing in Alabama — football schedules! Auburn and Alabama have an off week on Oct 27 which would have been perfect, but of course everything was booked. So we picked September 29 because both teams play smaller teams that no one really cares about. Isn’t it crazy how important a football schedule is to a wedding in Alabama!
  • Marissa
    Dedicated June 2019
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    We picked June 8 because it’s national Bestfriend day!! ☺️
  • K
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Krystal ·
    • Flag
    We're getting married November 2, 2019 which is the 2 year anniversary of when he proposed.
  • Rachelle
    Devoted November 2018
    Rachelle ·
    • Flag
    11/17/18 is our date. It is not a previously significant date to either of us, but it is out of hurricane season for our Carribean destination wedding, and before the chaos of the holidays! LOL
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    The significance is that the venue had it open 😂
  • Shayna
    Super August 2018
    Shayna ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married August 25th.
    August because both of our parents were married in August and have been married for 35 and 29 years. And the 25th because FH and I were both born on the 25th of our birth months (May and December). It just seemed to have some good mojo to it Smiley smile
  • Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    • Flag
    02-22-20 is the same forwards and backwards it's a Saturday and it's near Valentine's day which is the theme of the wedding .... works perfectly.
  • Nicole
    Expert November 2018
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Getting married on the 16th which is special for us since we started dating in April 16th!
  • Bri
    Dedicated August 2018
    Bri ·
    • Flag
    We picked August 24th because 24 is our number . My birthday is March 24 and his is July 24 .
  • OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush ·
    • Flag

10/7/17; Hubby wanted an October date and our outdoor venue advises against anything later than mid October. Plus I like the number 7, lol! Lot's of 7's in our date, my lucky number!

• kymarmck
    Super March 2020
    kymarmck ·
    • Flag

It will be our 6 year anniversary. FH loved the idea of getting married on an anniversary and his "bonus" is that we won't have to remember a different date! Haha.

I wish March 21, 2019 would have fallen on a weekend but alas it didn't so we decided to go with 2020!

• Sara
    Super July 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

There's really no significance; However, we are getting married the day before my FH's birthday!

• R
    Dedicated August 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    We met September 11th so that was out....we were engaged in October and we live in a beautiful coastal town. We decided that we wanted to spend our anniversary every year at the ocean. August 4th just seemed like a good day.
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Shayna! I like the good-mojo reasoning Smiley heart Thanks for sharing!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love this! Super sweet. What do you have in mind for your Valentines Day theme so far? Smiley heart

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww how perfect Smiley heart March is such a beautiful month, too! Your Spring wedding will be absolutely lovely.

Comment on this discussion