S
Savvy July 2019

Is This The One?!?

Sherry, on August 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 43
Saved Save
I had been to four bridal stores and nothing spoke to me. I wanted to have me "say yes to the dress" moment but everything I tried on fell flat. I had been to all four shops with my mother and she is All about beading. I thought I wanted beading too, but all the overly beaded dresses were just ok and HEAVY!
Yesterday I went to dress shopping alone, just for kicks....and I think i found it. It felt so good to put on something that lit a little light inside of me lol. The only thing is that my mom says my bra shows, and it is super low exposing too much of my chest area. Will alterations help with this?

Is This The One?!? 1

43 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

SO beautiful! I wouldn't worry about your bra, they usually sew one in. It is low, and I think it will be low even with alterations? But if that's what you want, who cares!

• futurmrslowe
    Super December 2018
    futurmrslowe ·
    • Flag

Girl, that dress was MADE for you. I think the alterations will help close the deep V a bit. And you won't wear a bra the day of anyways, I promise. But your body is like BAM!

• K
    Super September 2018
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    I think that is so pretty! You could not wear a bra and get some cups sewed in. Or you could use a sticky bra and it doesn't look too low to me!
  • SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB ·
    • Flag

That looks absolutely amazing on you! Gorgeous dress! They can sew cups in or extra coverage if needed. I think it looks wonderful on you!

• J
    Dedicated September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Wow, that dress is stunning on you! A good seamstress could make changes.
  • S
    Savvy July 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! Yeah, there are definitely cups in there. I agree, it is what it is and I want it. Lol.
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

This is a GORGEOUS dress!!

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    That dress is amazing on your curves! Two things... You won't wear a bra the day of if you have cups sewn in, and if you think the low cut front is too sexy, your seamstress can work in a modesty panel somehow that won't look out of place. I love it!
  • S
    Savvy July 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awww ThanksSmiley heart ! Yeah i figured I might have to be braless. My conservative mother just might need to accept that Smiley xd
  • Tammy
    Super October 2018
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

That is a GORGEOUS DRESS!!! Agree with PP they can sew in cups and I'm pretty sure if you wanted extra coverage they can add panels or whatever it's called inside the dress.... but honestly you are rocking it!!!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hi Shirley! This dress, YESSS! Smiley love It's so gorgeous and you look amazing in it! I agree with the above comments, you could always have them sew in cups so you don't have to wear a bra the day of! Alterations will definitely help a little with the deep V! So happy you found the one!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Don’t wear a bra. If there are no cups, they can be sewn in. A seamstress can easily put in a sheer modesty panel in the “v” neckline. Do you like the sheer sides? If not ask store (then seamstress) about a linining for the bodice.

This is a WOW gown on you!
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

That dress looks amazing on you!! They will sew cups in, so the bra will not be an issue. You need that dress!

• queenbee
    VIP October 2018
    queenbee ·
    • Flag
    This looks amazing on you! You’ll probably want to have cups sewn into the dress so you don’t have to wear a bra. And I would talk to a seamstress about putting a panel in the neckline. They should be able to do that for you to make it more modest. But I think it looks great as is!
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    Wow Shirley!! This dress is absolutely beautiful!! It looks tremendously amazing on you!!! 😍😍 From the flow of the silhouette to the embroidered detail on the upper half, this dress is stunning!!!
  • A
    Devoted December 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Wowza!!!! You look🔥!!!! Get the dress!
  • stephanie
    Dedicated October 2018
    stephanie ·
    • Flag

That dress is beautiful and looks great on you!

• Lucky
    Devoted October 2018
    Lucky ·
    • Flag

This dress was made for you! So beautiful!

• Melinda
    Super August 2018
    Melinda ·
    • Flag
    Wow! That dress is gorgeous and looks absolutely amaazzzzing on you! 😍😍😍
  • Officiallymrsj
    Super October 2018
    Officiallymrsj ·
    • Flag
    That dress is amazing !!! Alterations will help!! They will sew in a bra or cups and if you think it’s too exposing you can add some mesh in the middle to make it look covered !!

Comment on this discussion