Amanda
Devoted March 2014

is six readings to much?

Amanda, on December 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM Posted in Planning 0 42
Saved Save

Is six readings to much? Does anyone know where I can get the heart ceremony set for a reasonable price?

Thanks

42 Comments

• Jackie
    Expert December 2013
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

How long are they? Honestly, as a guest, i would probably gret bored sitting through six, but if you love them and can't live without them, your gursts can deal. However, it might be nice to try to cut time from other parts of the ceremony just so it doesn't drag.

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Six could be fine depending on how long they are. One should keep their guests in mind, but not so much that you exclude things that are meaningful to you. Personally I think that the ceremony is the most important part of the wedding because that is the WEDDING and the reception is like the after party.

I am Catholic so our wedding will me a full Catholic Mass, so we will have three readings AND Eucharist.

• Mrs. A
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. A ·
    • Flag

It depends on ur ceremony. I also did the full mass. So it would have been crazy. I still think tgat is a lot imo.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

Yes, too many.

• KM
    Master March 2015
    KM ·
    • Flag

Personally, I couldn't imagine having to stand up there through 6 readings. My feet would be killing me

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·
    • Flag

I think it is a bit much. But if they are short readings, it may be fine. How long are they?

• Courtney
    VIP September 2014
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Yes.

If these are things that that you feel are necessary for your guests to hear, consider printing them in the program or making a sign with the reading for display at the reception. If it is more about involving other people who are important to you then, have them do a few of the readings at your rehearsal dinner.

2 (maybe, maybe 3) is the max. amount I would think is appropriate

• MrsT
    VIP March 2014
    MrsT ·
    • Flag

2 or three at most is best.

• L
    Master February 2015
    LetItSnow ·
    • Flag

Yes. It's too much. Cut that in half.

• shirlden
    Super March 2014
    shirlden ·
    • Flag

I have to agree with the other ladies 6 is too many...2 or 3 is good.

• Pezzy
    Master May 2014
    Pezzy ·
    • Flag

Yes. Especially if you are also doing all these other ceremonies like heart, sand, unity candle, eec.

• TheFutureMrsPatmore
    Super September 2014
    TheFutureMrsPatmore ·
    • Flag

I'm in the 2 or 3 camp...which ones are you thinking about?

• Nel
    VIP May 2014
    Nel ·
    • Flag

As a guest I'd probably mentally drift off if I had to listen to 6. Perhaps cut it down to your favourite 2 or 3 out of the 6.

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Considering I think 1 reading is too many, I would say yes. Either cut the readings in half or don't allow any reading to be longer than one or two minutes.

• Tatiana
    VIP September 2013
    Tatiana ·
    • Flag

During my ceremony I had two readings, and I somewhat regretted that in the moment. They were awesome, and I loved them, but during that moment I just wanted to get to the good stuff (where we do vows and kiss and are announced as married) and I was trying to figure out why I made my ceremony so long (10 minutes...lol). It was hot, but I couldn't focus on anything I was so excited and antsy.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

I think it is too much Smiley smile

• winnipegwriter
    Master September 2015
    winnipegwriter ·
    • Flag

Definitely too many. Guests' eyes start to glaze over after a certain point.

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

I think so.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

I would be squirming in my chair looking for an escape route at a wedding that had so many readings on top of the regular ceremonial stuff (vows, prayers, ring exchange, etc).

At my wedding we had no readings, solos or anything else except the "norm" and a rose ceremony. Even the rose ceremony we shortened to just he and I exchanging roses. I didn't want my guests sitting thorugh the ceremonial portion for a long period of time.

• Nancy Taussig
    January 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

If the readings are short (1 or 2 sentences long) and interspersed amongst the rest of the ceremony sections, it may not be too long.

If a reading is longer than your vows, keep it to 2 (3 at the most).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics