A2Ndhi
Expert September 2019

Is it to plain??

A2Ndhi, on July 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 15
Saved Save

I've posted before about having to down grade our wedding, So when we started rethinking everything we decided on doing the wedding completely around things that was important to us when we first started dating, So we picked our venue at the state park down the road from us. Its on the lake we live on. So we will be getting married by the lake, and the reception will be right there. We are having Olive Garden cater the food. ( our second date). I've googled ideas on how to decorate the place and I kinda like the pic I'm about to post , It is the same place we are having our reception at. My colors will be different along with the center pieces. I will be adding chair covers. black with white sashes. also instead of a bridal table or sweetheart table, we will have our table by the fire place with our 5 children with us. But I'm worried it will be to plain. So I'm seeking the advice of you guys to see what you would think. i'm also posting my vases for the centerpieces. i bought 65

15 Comments

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

I think it looks great! I really like the first picture. Remember, if it's too complicated then it would look out of place with your venue. I like the idea of your version of a sweetheart table Smiley smile

• A2Ndhi
    Expert September 2019
    A2Ndhi ·
    • Flag

Thanks, That was FH idea, We wanted something easy to set up, Since we will be doing the set up the morning of the wedding. FH saids we wont have anything to worry about set up since we will have lots of help. but I want people to walk i and say wow. I havent showed anyone but FH and our kids on the set up ideas so everyone will be shocked walking in, but was worried it was to plain Jane. I feel better now. Thank you

• Mrs. Castig
    Master September 2013
    Mrs. Castig ·
    • Flag

Very Nice.

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I think it looks really pretty! I don't think it's plain at all.

• ForeverMyLove
    Master December 2014
    ForeverMyLove ·
    • Flag

I really like it.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

It looks simple but elegant. I think it would overpower your venue to do too much.

• CandiceJ
    Savvy May 2015
    CandiceJ ·
    • Flag

I like the look of it as well. Looks very elegant yet simple. The only thing I would add is maybe more candles on the tables making it feel warmer and more intimate.

• Mrs. M
    Super August 2013
    Mrs. M ·
    • Flag

I love it. Its beautiful and perfect.

• Rachel DellaPorte
    January 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

Too plain? I don't know what I was expecting to see, but the pic you posted is not it, lol. It's lovely. I like your ideas; they're sweet, sentimental, and have substance.

• soon to be Mrs. M
    Expert May 2014
    soon to be Mrs. M ·
    • Flag

I love it! Enough to show it is a wedding and special but not overdone

• FinallyDoingIt
    Master July 2014
    FinallyDoingIt ·
    • Flag

Not too plain at all! Looks great!

• A2Ndhi
    Expert September 2019
    A2Ndhi ·
    • Flag

Thank you so much everyone for all the kind words, And yes I'm taking the advice and adding more candles. And I'll be adding a bit more personal touches. but when we went and looked at the place I was like oh no this can't work ( posting pix for you to understand why) . went home and googled wedding that had been there and when i seen this i was like Oh okay this can work.... And I bought so many vases since they are small so only one or two buds can go in them, So I wanted to line them down the tables... The point to going cheaper on the wedding is so we can go on a wonderful honeymoon. If this wasnt our first and only wedding, I would have done the court house and then ran off to Hawaii. But Fh wouldnt agree...

• Rachel DellaPorte
    January 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

The proper lighting makes such a difference. It's amazing what the right decor will do to a space.

• Amber
    VIP October 2013
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Not too plain. Simple and cute.

• Renee2014
    Super April 2014
    Renee2014 ·
    • Flag

I think it is beautiful! I love the look of the lights on the ceiling beams!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics