N
Master November 2015

Is anyone planning to solder their rings together?

NenaBear, on December 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 31
Saved Save

Highly considering having my rings soldered together. Now that I am wearing them both full time, I am overly aware of how much the spin against one another. Every time I look down my e-ring is rotated to one side or the other. Moderately annoying, but I'm more concerned about them scratching one another.

Is anyone else planning to do this, have done this, won't do this? Thoughts...

31 Comments

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·
    • Flag

I did it before we got married. I'm so glad I did.

• Mrs. Lav
    Master November 2015
    Mrs. Lav ·
    • Flag

I'm in the same boat. Both of them spin way too much. Seriously considering it.

• SAD
    VIP March 2016
    SAD ·
    • Flag

I'm doing this with mine. My wedding bands are specifically designed to nestle around my e-ring, but we're still going to solder them together before the wedding. Since I'll ultimately have three bands, I just feel like they would slide around too much if they were all separate.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

I can't because of the design of the band on my ering.

• Jeanne
    Master August 2015
    Jeanne ·
    • Flag

I didn't and don't think I will. I really like having the option of just wearing my band when we're doing more casual things/at the gym/I'm feeling lazy.

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·
    • Flag

DO IT!!! Also, I have ring sizing bumps that were added to the bottom of my rings that stops the spinning AND it allows me to have a slightly larger ring (because my fingers expand and contract throughout the day so I need a larger ring size).

Mine are the two nubby type ones in the search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sizing+bumps+ring&biw=1117&bih=637&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM69Ok0r3JAhWC6yYKHZqMAzcQsAQIGw

• Jessi
    VIP October 2015
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

Thinking about it. I like the idea of being able to wear just the band, but not sure if I will ever actually do that...

• KGroenwold
    Super October 2015
    KGroenwold ·
    • Flag

I have to wait until I get the third band but I will be. My wedding band moves non stop and drives me bonkers.

• Princess Consuela
    Master November 2015
    Princess Consuela ·
    • Flag

I've been thinking about it. Initially I thought it would be nice to be able to just wear my band (mostly to the gym or work, where I'm constantly washing my hands), but now I can't honestly see myself going without my e-ring. I love it too much to ever leave it off! I've been reconsidering because my band also spins, and I'm worried they're scratching each other too.

• BartlettToBe
    Expert October 2015
    BartlettToBe ·
    • Flag

DH didn't like any of the e-rings he saw, so he bought a wedding set and had them soldered together as my e-ring. Now that I'm wearing the band, too, the spinning is driving me bananas. I need them to line up. Always. Definitely going to have the band soldered with the other set as well.

• ButSrsly
    Expert November 2015
    ButSrsly ·
    • Flag

I'm going to at some point. I noticed the conflicting spinning the first day. My ring kind of bends around the e ring, so to wear it alone would be weird anyway. I bought a plain gold band to wear when I travel, etc.

• M
    Super August 2015
    M ·
    • Flag

I wasn't going to because I thought I would like having the option of just wearing the band, but after a week of wearing both it drove me crazy. They would spin and mine is a set so they wouldn't line up. I'm so glad I did! You really can't go wrong either way though.

• Trisha
    Master August 2015
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Same as Jeanne, I like being able to wear just my band for yoga or my part time waitressing job and probably some day when I have kids. Also, I just had to send in my band, one of the prongs was loose, but I got to keep my e-ring Smiley smile

Mine band spins a little, but I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me.

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·
    • Flag

Elizabeth I need those bumps!! I've been so torn on getting my ring properly sized because we will be TTC in the near future.

My band is fancier than my ring so I won't be hitting the gym or garden with either of them on and I don't really see myself wearing just the band.. We will be getting a plain band to travel with. No way in hell will DH let me walk around in Brazil with all this bling! lol

• Delisa
    Master July 2016
    Delisa ·
    • Flag

I think I'm going to wait and see if I want to after the wedding. Since I'm only wearing the e-ring now, I'm not sure if it'll even bother me or not.

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·
    • Flag

I definitely plan on doing mine! The spinning will drive me batty. I'm a bit OCD. Smiley winking

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·
    • Flag

@nena The sizing bumps are amazing. I think it cost like $75 to get them on. It helps a lot. I had an awful experience where my rings got stuck on my finger (it was awful) so I sized them up and then they were falling off whenever I would make a gesture with my hand.

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·
    • Flag

That's not bad at all considering we were quoted about $125 per ring for sizing.. I had no idea they existed.

• KB
    VIP December 2015
    KB ·
    • Flag

@Nena, I'm not planning to solder because I want the option to just wear my wedding band while traveling.

I wanted to say though that it looks like we have the same e-ring. FH made sure he ordered mine in the right size (same as another ring that fits perfectly) and yet I find that it slips around and spins. I'm wondering if the sizing is off in the collection. My wedding band is from the same collection and seems to fit fine, but I haven't really worn it yet. I might look into those sizing bumps.

• Kris
    VIP October 2015
    Kris ·
    • Flag

I'm not only because I want the option to only wear my wedding band sometimes. Especially once I get pregnant and fingers expand. They do spin and it is irritating sometimes. My jeweler said they won't scratch one another though.

Comment on this discussion