TheOGJesse's Girl
Master March 2014

Is anyone else nervous about...

TheOGJesse's Girl, on January 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 41
Saved Save

EVERYONE looking at you?? I am really nervous about people staring at me. I hate when people look at me and just keep staring in general. It makes me so self conscious because I can feel them criticizing everything about me. I know when they open the doors and I'm standing there and everyone turns to look, I'm gonna want to look down and throw up. OMG...

My shower is this weekend and I am nervous about that too. Everybody staring at us opening our gifts. It's just so awkward. That's why I INSISTED on a couple's shower because I need my FH there to share the spotlight.

I am a teacher and have 100 kids staring at me every day, but in my own personal life, I hate it, lol.

I can't be the only one worried about this, right?

41 Comments

• Lora
    Super April 2014
    Lora ·
    • Flag

OH EM GEE yes!

mostly because when I'm nervous and people stare at me I can't help but make this face:

Also edit: I'm holding my flowers too high!

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

HA HA HA, I end up not smiling at all and look like a deer in headlights.

• Typewriter
    Devoted August 2013
    Typewriter ·
    • Flag

Me too! The advice my wedding coordinator gave me was to just keep looking at your FH. That way, you'll just naturally smile AND you won't be tripping over your dress (if you're wearing a long one) because you won't be busy looking down. Smiley smile

• Christina
    VIP March 2014
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Ugh I am dreading it. I was SO nervous before my shower! And I didn't really have the option of doing a couple's shower since FH is gone so much right now. I told him, just wait for our baby shower lol. That will be a jack and jill!

• Angel
    Super March 2014
    Angel ·
    • Flag

I am soooo nervous about that. And when I am nervous I laugh uncontrollably. lol So I just hope I am not cracking up laughing while walking down the aisle lol

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I'm walking by myself down the aisle, which makes it way more nerve wracking!

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I was - i felt super awkward at my shower and was worried about it for the wedding, but i blacked it out somehow. you won't be thinking about it - at least i wasn't :-)

• Angel
    Super March 2014
    Angel ·
    • Flag

My shower is Saturday and I am nervous because I hate when all the attention is on me. Smiley sad And FH won't be there to comfort me.

• erin
    VIP April 2014
    erin ·
    • Flag

Yes! I'm usually not so shy about being the centre of attention as I'm a teacher and used to being in front of a crowd but I hate the idea of being all lovey dovey in front of others and dancing with everyone just staring at you. We are having a small ceremony with just close family and that's one of the reasons. The idea of 100+ people staring at me walking down the aisle and watching such an intimate moment between us makes me uncomfortable. We are also doing a family dance instead of a first dance so FH aren't the only ones dancing but our parents and my sister and her husband will also be dancing. Hopefully that makes us more comfortable as we won't be the only ones just awkwardly dancing.

• ChampagneTaste
    VIP September 2014
    ChampagneTaste ·
    • Flag

YES! I have the urge to run to the bathroom just thinking about it.

• HopeRebecca
    VIP October 2013
    HopeRebecca ·
    • Flag

I do not like being the center of attention - at my shower I was exhausted by the end of the day, it was good practice tho! Smiley smile I felt like there was so much going on at the reception that I didn't feel like that there. Ceremony I didn't notice anyone except DH, oh and my ministers when I had to repeat after them Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Rebekah
    Master April 2014
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag

That is why we are having a couples shower also. I don't like being the center of attention. Have a drink it will help ease things a little and enjoy yourself.

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Oh yes, Rebekah... this is Louisiana where NOTHING happens without alcohol, lol. I will be having a shot before people get there, lol.

• Jen
    Super March 2014
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Yeah, I'm freaking out. I hate the idea of being the center of attention. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Still begging my brother to walk me down the aisle so I don't have to do it alone. He's not budging.

• Mrs. Mallory
    Expert February 2014
    Mrs. Mallory ·
    • Flag

LOL that's why I'm doing a destination wedding!!! That way only 20 people will be staring at me and I know all of them very well!! I couldn't deal with 150 people staring at me!! I mean, I blush immediately when all eyes are on me but at least all of our guests KNOW about the blushing!!

• Julisa
    Super July 2014
    Julisa ·
    • Flag

YES! i laugh when im nervous, like crack up... im worried about laughing through the whole ceremony!!

• A
    Master April 2014
    Aleykit* ·
    • Flag

Yes! I feel this way too! When I get nervous, I start to shake and I stutter when I speak. :-/ I am so nervous about saying my vows.

• Michelle
    Master April 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I was. The family showers didnt bother me but the wedding was awkward when I was walking down the aisle. Dad and I kind of goofed as I was walking which kind of calmed me down. Oh and I was tearing up like crazy. I just kept looking ahead to my hubby Smiley smile. Lol.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I certainly wasn't looking forward to that aspect in the months/days leading up to the wedding, but on that day I felt like I looked like a million bucks so I rocked the red carpet. Seriously, the aisle at my church has red carpet. LOL

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

FH and I have THE WORST stage fright. It's going to be a total shitshow.

Comment on this discussion