Niecy Sparkles
VIP August 2014

Is anyone actually having the bachlorette party the day before getting married?

Niecy Sparkles, on July 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 54
Saved Save

Just wanting to know. I wanted mine a week before, but my MOA is saying we need to have it the weekend of my wedding. Not sure if thats a good idea.

ETA: Bachlorette party is friday, wedding is on a sunday. I just think the weekend of is for relaxation.

54 Comments

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·

I think I'm having mine the day before. Everyone is coming from out of state, so that's really the only time that will work for everyone. Is there a reason you don't think it would work out well?

• Kristen
    VIP May 2015
    Kristen ·

Mines going to be the weekend before. i couldnt imagine having it the weekend of lol i feel like i wouldnt be able to enjoy it if we had it the night before. a hangover on wedding morning? i would die lol

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·

I might be. My wedding is on a Sunday & I have a bridesmaid coming in from Florida. We might do the Friday night before the wedding (so two days before) but as of now it's still up in the air.

• Laura M
    VIP August 2014
    Laura M ·

I'm old now apparently so my hangovers last me days instead of just the morning so i definitely wouldn't want to. Mine is the week before.

• Christina
    Devoted April 2014
    Christina ·

DO NOT DO IT! First you do not want to drink the day before your wedding. Secondly you are going to be so wrapped up in the all of the last minute wedding stuff and jitters that you won't even enjoy. Do the weekend before. Personally I did mines a month before.

• C
    Dedicated August 2014
    contina ·

I'm not having one at all

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

I was supposed to have mine tomorrow, but had to cancel because of work. We rescheduled for August 16th.

I would NEVER even THINK about doing it the night before/weekend of my wedding. I would be shaky, tired, etc. I do not want to look/nor feel like hell on my wedding day.

• Emily
    Super August 2014
    Emily ·

Yikes, there's no way I would do it the weekend of the wedding! (1) My wedding is on a Friday, so it wouldn't be logistically possible anyway and (2) The wedding weekend is busy enough already without adding another party and (3) I wouldn't want to show up to my own wedding potentially hungover. ;-)

• FinallyMrsB
    Super July 2014
    FinallyMrsB ·

Weekend before, and think goodness. I can't imagine being that hungover

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·

Yeah, do it the week before. I had mine a few months ago because one of my bridesmaids has a weird work schedule.

I'm having the rehearsal dinner the day before the wedding. With the rehearsal, wedding, AND a brunch the next day, there is no way I would ever have a bachelorette party the same weekend.

• Cher217
    Dedicated July 2015
    Cher217 ·

Mine will be a few weeks before in Atlantic City. My friends and I are riding up from MD and my family will be coming down from NY. My wedding starts at noon anyway so I wouldn't want it the day before either. I plan to schedule a massage or some sort of spa package the day before so I can relax.

• A
    VIP August 2014
    Anonymous ·

I think it highly depends on what you bachelorette party is. Some people don't drink and do like a spa day. If you're doing that I would. If not there is no way it would do it the night before. I could not drink before my wedding or even a few days before. I refuse to feel anything less then my absolute best on my wedding day. Mine is almost a month before.

• **Mrs.Smedstad
    Super October 2014
    **Mrs.Smedstad ·

I couldn't even imagine! My luck I would be soooo hungover at my wedding.

We're having mine mid-August and my wedding is October.

ETA - We're have my bridal shower and bachelorette party the same day/night. My bridal shower is going to be a brunch, then the bachelorette party that evening.

It works well for people who are traveling and attending both, then they only need to come once.

• Elle
    Master March 2015
    Elle ·

We are actually having the bachlorett and one of the bridal showers in december. One of my bridesmaids lives in london, and i wanted her included in these activities, but i also didnt want to do them close to the wedding. So this was the compromise we came up with since she'll be in town for the holidays anyways.

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·

I never feel like I look pretty the day after going out. I always feel tired and just like I'm dragging ass all day. It depends on what you do though. Maybe you could all go out for mani/pedi together and then an intimate dinner. Or have a slumber party in the hotel.

• Summyya
    Super May 2015
    Summyya ·

My wedding is on a Sunday, so I'm doing mine that Friday. I dont want to be hungover on my wedding morning.

• Victoria
    Devoted October 2014
    Victoria ·

I am doing mine the weekend before. I wanted to have a girls weekend so the night before wouldn't work anyway. I want a full weekend!!...lol Just depends on how intense its gonna be and what time your wedding starts. If your not gonna drink that much and you have a late wedding then it could work out.

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·

Ok so I'm also thinking the week before, but I figured if I got drunk friday night, I would have saturday to recuperate and relax all day.

• ELFie
    VIP August 2014
    ELFie ·

My party was last weekend, but my sisters both live out of town and only one could come. I plan to do something with them the Thurs before my Sat wedding, but we are pretty low key so it will probably be more of a sleepover/movie night.

I went to one wedding where my fiance was in the wedding party. Night before was rehearsal dinner and everyone got really drunk and stayed up till 4 a.m. The guys had planned to go golfing on the DAY OF the wedding so they had to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to do that. Wedding was at 4 or 5 p.m. Sure, it worked and was fun, but those guys were sooooo tired. Everyone else got drunk at the rehearsal dinner, so it felt that less people drank at the actual wedding. Lots of tired faces.

• Maritza
    Master April 2015
    Maritza ·

I agree with you, Niecy... I think the weekend of the wedding should be to relax. You don't want to go out and party the night before the wedding. Go with your gut and convey your feelings.

Comment on this discussion