Capt&MrsMatey =)
Expert August 2013

Invites went out, Rave reviews so far!! =)

Capt&MrsMatey =), on June 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 14
Saved Save

The first pic is our invitations that we only sent out on Wednesday & they're already arriving @ their destinations. I'm so excited! I only got one address wrong that I know of (it kept me awake last night, & when i gave in to check it, my suspicions were confirmed), and my best friend's fiance said quote "Do we know anyone that lives in Bedford? If so, their handwriting is kick-ass" I included a made-up address that i did with the calligraphy pen to practice for the real envelopes. Unfortunately, FH said when i got home from work, FMIL is already requesting to add another guest (her bf's adopted son's daughter..."granddaughter" for all intents & purposes) who's 5 & i really didn't want there. >=( Like she didnt understand the number i filled in on the response cards or something? I said 2...that's IT!!!!

14 Comments

• Abbiell
    VIP October 2013
    Abbiell ·
    • Flag

CUTE!

• Rachel S.
    Master September 2013
    Rachel S. ·
    • Flag

Nice Job!! They look great, and awesome handwriting!

• Future Mrs. Panda
    Dedicated July 2014
    Future Mrs. Panda ·
    • Flag

I just want to say, what's wrong with Bedford? I was born and raised there and lived there until a few years ago. Lol...

Also where in the park are you having your wedding. I originally wanted to have my ceremony at the overlook because I loved it there. That was the first place my FH and I went together before we even started dating. But I realized the overlook isn't big enough and the ground isn't really flat so it could be kinda of dangerous. We're looking at having the ceremony in downtown Bedford now (where we did our engagement pics) but we can't confirm anything there until next March.

Nice handwriting by the way.

• Over the Top♥
    Master June 2013
    Over the Top♥ ·
    • Flag

I LOVE when I hear about people getting compliments on their invites. ITS NOT A PIECE OF TRASH PEOPLE! If you don't hear anything about your invites, it's because there was nothing to remark on. They can, and should, create an impression. Good work, Nicole!

• Mrs.L
    Master October 2011
    Mrs.L ·
    • Flag

@Nicole super cute!

@Lynzey- I completely agree with you! Some people cannot stand the idea of spending a little extra money on invites. It's fine, I was the same way. I was like dead set on a number, but then I fell inlove with my invites and all of a sudden it was okay to spend a little extra money on them. It sets the tone, theme, formality, etc. of your wedding (well in my opinion) and I save all my invites I get! I have a stack organized to save and keep my recent ones on my fridge until I get my next batch. I love invites. I get mine tomorrow and I cannot wait to see them!! I been waiting for 1 1/2 months.. Anticpation has been built up! =)

• Jules
    Master January 2014
    Jules ·
    • Flag

They look great! Yellow is my favorite color Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Master August 2013
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Your invitations look great and I second what Lynzey said! I slaved over mine for WEEKS, including handwriting in faux calligraphy on all the envelopes. I've received dozens of compliments and remarks of how excited guests are about the wedding after seeing them. It was worth every minute of work!

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·
    • Flag

Thanks every1! I plan on reviewing my invite vendor soon if i can so check it out

@Future Mrs. Panda-I see now that remark taken out of context sounds bad, but I knew what he meant. My friend & her fiance live in Mt. Gilead (near Columbus), and when she & i worked together, I always said I was from Cleveland. When I moved, that's all I told anyone, including them, because down there, NO ONE knows the suburbs of Cle like we do up here (i.e.: "Bedford? Where's that? Ohhhh, Cleveland, I know where THAT is!"), so the big city is easier for them to locate. When i put my actual address on the envelope without a name, he really had no idea who was sending them mail. On a side note, we're doing a JOP ceremony @ Bedford City Hall & the reception is by the Ledges in the Virginia Kendall area of the park. I would love to take pictures @ the square in Bedford (cuz it's FREE lol) but I'm struggling with it, cuz i know a ton of people that have done that for their wedding & I like being different

• Lillian
    VIP November 2013
    Lillian ·
    • Flag

They look awesome!

• Future Mrs. Panda
    Dedicated July 2014
    Future Mrs. Panda ·
    • Flag

I know a ton of people have taken pictures there, but I absolutely love it there. Growing up I would be there almost every weekend in the summer. I also kinda want to almost recreate some of my engagement pictures for our wedding pictures. I think it'll be cute.

And I completely undstand about nobody knowing Cleveland's suburbs. I normally just tell people I'm from Cleveland. It's a lot easier then trying to explain where Bedford is, especially since I live out of state now.

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·
    • Flag

FH's grandma & aunt were so excited, they apparently couldnt wait to get a stamp & mail their RSVPs back, cuz they handed them to me yesterday over the dinner table. =) So awesome. It was so surreal when we left, his grandma kept saying to everyone "Ok, I'll see you at the wedding" I said it when i dropped the invites in the mail, & I'll say it again now: Shit just got real =P

• Capt&MrsMatey =)
    Expert August 2013
    Capt&MrsMatey =) ·
    • Flag

@Future Mrs. Panda--They really don't, do they? It's so much easier being home again, cuz I don't hafta explain to anyone where my job is, or school, everyone I talk to automatically has some idea where I travel every day. Its' so refreshing not to hafta give a geography course all the time. lol Where are you living now and are you planning on coming home for your wedding?

• Marissa M.
    Super August 2013
    Marissa M. ·
    • Flag

I went to school at John Carroll!! I feel special knowing that park and Bedford!!!

• Marissa M.
    Super August 2013
    Marissa M. ·
    • Flag

Your invitations are beautiful by the way

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics