J
Savvy April 2014

Invitees did not bother to write their name in the vast majority of RSVP cards I've gotten back so far.

jinjer, on March 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save

My RSVP cards have the following format:

Name ____________________________________________

______ of ______ persons will attend

______ Sorry, cannot attend

And I wrote the number in the line before the word "persons." The invitees are supposed to write the number in the line before the word "of," but the vast majority of them have not.

I can sort of understand why they wouldn't get the whole "______ of ______ persons will attend" thing, but I'm a bit less understanding about why they wouldn't get that they're supposed to write their name in the line that's labeled "Name."

Of those who did not write their name, the vast majority did not write their return address on the envelope either.

If I didn't assign a number to each name and write the number in the back of the RSVP card, it would be a crazy situation. But I still have to call all those people to find out exactly what they mean.

10 Comments

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Why do you have to call and ask what they mean? did they not check anything?

if you numbered the cards you should be 99 percent good to go

• Emma
    Master October 2024
    Emma ·
    • Flag

I didn't assign numbers but actually wrote the return address for them on the envelope ....... I knew people would be too lazy to write return addresses haha.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

I get why they're confused about what to do because I'm confused trying to read it. You're saying you labeled the back of the cards (so you know their names)... so, you're next question is, how many from their party are coming? I'm confused.

• MonkeysandBananas
    Super May 2014
    MonkeysandBananas ·
    • Flag

That's why I wrote everybody's name on the back of their RSVP's in invisible ink... It sounds a little crazy, but it's real, I swear

http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Ink-Pen-Uv-Light/dp/B0078W6ZB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395952800&sr=8-1&keywords=invisible+ink+pen+with+uv+light

• Emily
    Master May 2014
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Your RSVP card was clear. People are just clueless. It is not difficult to write names on the line and the number of people in your party attending.

• M
    Master May 2014
    MizizAngi ·
    • Flag

I just returned an RSVP card and totally forgot to add my return address - I should know better! LOL. But I did write in our names on the M_____________ line. Since she's getting married after me I put Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Smith. ;-P

• PattyCakes
    Super June 2014
    PattyCakes ·
    • Flag

I am filling out the return envelopes for everyone, including their return addresses, so that I know who is who if they forget their names.

• Anisea
    Master July 2014
    Anisea ·
    • Flag

I wrote names on the back if the cards as small as possible, I've seen numbers also, and I've seen people use the mail code zip code to identify who it was

• Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.)
    Master August 2012
    Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.) ·
    • Flag

@mizangi Completely off topic, but their is a hockey player who plays for our local NHL team whose name is Ryan Smyth, very similar to your FH.

• M
    Master May 2014
    MizizAngi ·
    • Flag

Yeah, when I met him I couldn't even Google stalk him properly because his name was too common! LOL

Comment on this discussion