Lacie
Dedicated September 2018

Invite Proof Advice?

Lacie, on Jun 13, 2018 at 12:27 PM Posted in Planning

Hello all! I finally got my invite proof back!

Now I'm just look for some advice/comments on how it looks or what needs to be changed. I know some things that I will most likely be changing based on talk between FH and I and some other close people. Just wanted to see what you all think!

We will be changing "dinner and dance to follow" to "Dinner and Dancing to follow." I am going to try and add an extra blank space line above Stone Hill Barn. It just looks weird to me i guess. Also for the RSVP card I don't really want the wording/format to change much but I do see that it looks a little crowded. We are going to see if we can swap the RSVP card and Info card wording to be on the opposite paper. The swirl/line design on the outside can't be change or adjusted, so I have to change and adjust any wording in order to make things work.

Invite ProofInvite Proof Advice? 1

Share:

11 Comments

• muriel
    Master June 2018
    muriel ·

The phrase “request the honor of your presence” is typically reserved for a church or place of worship. "Pleasure of your company" is used for more secular weddings

• Lacie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lacie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, I had no idea about that. That sucks though because I don't really like the sound of that.

• T
    Super December 2019
    T ·
    Your invitations look lovely! Congratulations!
  • #WhenYouWishUponAWelch
    Dedicated July 2019
    #WhenYouWishUponAWelch ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I think you could still use that wording. It sounds elegant to me
  • Lacie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lacie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·

These are my suggestions:

Add (s) after Name on RSVP card so it says Name(s):

Take the cap off Dance (which will be Dancing) for consistency.

Change: "Weather permitting, the ceremony will be outdoors" to The ceremony will be outdoors, weather permitting."

Change: "For more information please visit our website _________" to "Please visit ________ for more information. Smaller space above "Password"

• M
    Devoted May 2019
    Micki ·

I think everything flows and looks fine to me

• FutureMrsKC
    VIP January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

I dont think the RSVP cards look too cramped, everything seems to fit well and to make it all more spacious you might have to make the font smaller which would be harder to read.

I also think if you're going to put a space above/below the barn then you might want to do it with the date on the RSVP card so its all spaced evenly and matched but thats just my OCD.

I agree with the wording of the "honor of your presence" ...we are using this line but we are getting married in a church. I think etiquette on wording has fallen, and many people might not notice, but there are other ways to word it too like "invite you to share in the happiness of..." (Pinterest has a lot of them!)

Either way, they design is really pretty and they are very elegant!

• Xandria
    Rockstar December 2018
    Xandria ·
    View Quoted Comment

I think you can still use the wording you have. You are after all, requesting the honor of their presence.

I think you're right about the cramped feeling of the RSVP, but I think you could change ____of____ to just a blank, because you already have the ___number of seats reserved in your honor.

• Lacie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lacie ·

I am really missing the like option right now! Thank you all for your responses!

• Lacie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lacie ·

Thanks all for the help!! I made a couple different changes and now waiting for the 2nd proof!

Comment on this discussion