D
Beginner November 2019

Invite costs

Dana, on February 18, 2018 at 4:58 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

Hey y'all. I guess I'm just trying to get a ball park of how much everyone spent on invites. We are only inviting 30 people max and everywhere I can find is upwards of 120 dollars. I really don't want to pay that much and don't know where to look.

16 Comments

• Jurnee
    Expert May 2019
    Jurnee ·
    • Flag
    Basic Invite , Vista print and Minted are all popular and affordable depending on your aesthetic goal.

• Forestwed
    Master May 2018
    Forestwed ·
    • Flag
    Zazzle has good prices and has discounts all the time.
  • Y
    Beginner June 2018
    younglady ·
    • Flag
    I used Vistaprint.
  • Teresa
    Super September 2018
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    I used vista print and got 70 invites and RSVP cards for around $50 when their sale was happening.
  • JMF
    Devoted August 2018
    JMF ·
    • Flag
    We are using either sams club or costco. It's $17 for 25 invites for both places. But it's also $17 per 25 RSVP cards.
  • A
    Savvy October 2018
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    We're getting Costco to print them, here we can get 50 with envelopes for $15. Their online system can also help you design them if needed. Since we only have 40 guest this should be perfect. Aside from the invitation I'll be adding a map for parking but that's all the will be extra. I'm having people RSVP online so no need to add a rsvp card. Smiley smile
  • D
    Beginner November 2019
    Dana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hadn't even thought to look at sams. Do you need a membership?

I was looking at one place... Ann's bridal and it was 24.95 for 25. It sounds like sam's is cheaper which is great for our itty bitty budget

• K
    Dedicated April 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    Ann’s Bridal Bargains! They are $1 each
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated April 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You could also look at etsy shops or similar that design the invite but you print it yourself at staples or wherever.

• M
    Super October 2018
    MaltedMilk ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I second this. I am doing Seal and Send and they are inexpensive, high quality and beautiful!!

• Xandria
    VIP December 2018
    Xandria ·
    • Flag
    Vista print! We are soooo pleased with them!
  • DC
    Super May 2018
    DC ·
    • Flag
    Catch a vistaprint sale...I bought design off etsy and got them printed during 50% off sale
  • DC
    Super May 2018
    DC ·
    • Flag
    Zazzle usually has a Groupon too
  • Will & Tiara
    Super September 2019
    Will & Tiara ·
    • Flag

Good suggestions - but also do a search for Ann's Wedding Bargains and Invitations by Dawn. Don't bother with an RSVP card - that almost doubles your budget. Just have a phone # for RSVP.

• Heather
    Super April 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    I was going to do Ann’s but I was at hobby lobby and in the wedding section found invites I loved w rsvp card and envelopes for both for $6.25 for 50 of each. They’re the print at home ones. If you’re comfortable doing that they go on sale frequently (reg $24.95) and if they aren’t you can always use a 40% coupon
  • Melanie
    Devoted March 2018
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    For our rehersal dinner, I went to Etsy and found someone to design them for $17. Then I uploaded them to Moo and printed them, plus ordered envelopes for about $30. Most people on Etsy know all the appropriate dimensions and file types that you upload to Moo or Vista, so it’s super easy.

This was so easy! I printed the names and addresses on all the envelopes myself with my printer.

Then to make them more custom, I did vintage postage from Etsy- all the stamps reflected something my fiancée loves.

I also ordered a wax seal from Etsy and sealed each envelope.

If you are only doing 30 there are lots of easy things you can do to make them special but economical.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics