Michelle
Savvy September 2019

Invitations

Michelle, on March 12, 2019 at 5:31 PM Posted in Planning 0 53
Saved Save
Our budget is really small and I’m looking for suggestions for the most cost effective invitations. We’re only inviting like 50 people so if I did them myself it wouldn’t be TOO bad but any suggestions would be helpful ❤️

53 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I'd look at Hobby Lobby, Walmart & Michael's. They have wedding sections & usually sell invite packages so you can just print on those yourself, and they usually go on sale! Also, sign up for Zazzle & Vista Print email list so you can keep track of their sales. I ordered our invites during a 50% off sale on Zazzle.

• Amelia
    Expert June 2019
    Amelia ·
    • Flag
    Loved using zazzle and everything is always on sale!
  • Sophie
    Super December 2020
    Sophie ·
    • Flag
    Where are you located? There are some small boutiques that are extremely reasonable with their prices.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

I used Vistaprint - 50% off and free shipping. Check around for promo codes for anything you buy. Hobby Lobby does 50% off their wedding stuff about every other week as well. You'd just have to find what you wanted, put it in your cart and see which is the cheapest option.

• B
    Dedicated November 2019
    Bethany ·
    • Flag
    Paperless post lets you do free evites
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I used Ann's Bridal Bargains - price was unbeatable. It was cheaper to order from them than it was to go to a craft store and get some or to DIY. Seriously!

• Stephanie
    Dedicated April 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Shutterfly is what I've been using for save the dates and rehearsal dinner invites. If you order from their app you can get great deals and free invites. They range from 1.50 - 3.00 per invite and you can add photos.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    I had a friend that used Ann’s Bridal Bargains and had a great experience with them! Spent less than $200 for invitations for 340 guests (not invitations).
  • T
    Savvy November 2019
    Tianna ·
    • Flag
    I went with zazzle and got invites and rsvps for $110. Inviting around the same. Good luck!
  • Desiree
    Dedicated April 2020
    Desiree ·
    • Flag
    Minted has amazing invitations and they have what are called “all in ones” they’re unique but affordable
  • Tina
    March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I second the Michael's invites! They have beautiful designs and you print them at home. They sell them in boxes of 25 too which may be enough for you and probably around $20-$30.

• Jessica
    Devoted July 2022
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is very small as well. Im talking about 15 plus us two. I am going to do Vista Print they have sales and great prices $34 for everything from STD to Reception cards. Id check it out
  • Merline
    Expert February 2020
    Merline ·
    • Flag
    We are about to send out our Save The Dates. We used GreetingsIsland.com, which is free! Purchased card stock paper and printed at home with our colored printer. Card stock paper was about $6 and the ink cartridge was about $19. You can print multiple per page. I used the paper cutter at work during my lunch hour. We could have just used scissors, but the paper cutter was faster and cleaner! And envelopes were less than $5. Postage is probably going to be the worse part! But we plan on only mailing it to older guest who do not use technology lol. Everyone else we can hand deliver or email it to them! We are having 100 guest.
  • L
    Dedicated May 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Zazzle is having a sale right now and you can sign up for a free trial of their rewards program with free shipping. I got my STDs from magnetstreet.com and invites from Vistaprint! Both very affordable!
  • Monica
    Dedicated April 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Evites, Facebook event page, even text are options that I've seen. If you want paper invites print at home and hand deliver, do website, email, or text RSVPs. People hate sending RSVPs as much as we hate to pay for the postage. Tech savvy options are so much more simple and convenient. Just make sure that you have a good system to coordinate the RSVPs
  • Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal ·
    • Flag
    I used Appy couple and I love it! You can sent the invites out from the app and you get a wedding website. It looks professional and not cheap. I have a few older guests and they felt it was easy to use. It costs $49 but it was worth it. If you look through the discussions I’ve started, I wrote a review with screenshots from my website, if you’re interested.
  • Winter Bride
    Expert December 2018
    Winter Bride ·
    • Flag
    We found our perfect invitation on Shutterfly. And at 50% off. And with a discount code. We got married in an observatory and this was the back of the invite. A similar style on a wedding site was 5x the price.

Invitations 1
  • Beginner September 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from Walgreens! It sounds boring and cheesy but they had a good selection and the only way I can tell mine is from there is there is a small “w” on the back bottom of the card. they come with envelopes as well! I got 65 for like $35!
  • Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag

We did Vistaprint. For 60 invitations + 60 envelopes and 50 RSVP cards + 50 envelopes, we spent about $65 total. I got them on a 50% off sale, but just had to pay for shipping. Then we printed the addresses directly onto the envelope at home, and wax stamped all the invites. Pretty easy!

• Amanda
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I am doing my own wedding invitations. I suggest doing it maybe on word, but just invest in some good paper to print on.

Comment on this discussion