allisonrose
Dedicated September 2019

Invitations and wedding website

allisonrose, on January 11, 2019 at 11:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save
So, this is the invitation that I’m doing. I didn’t do Save The Dates and I was wondering if it would be tacky to put our wedding website on the invitation? When I looked it up, everyone had either done it on their STD or info card. Obviously an info card is not an option with these. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Invitations and wedding website 1

13 Comments

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen ·
    I think it’s fine to do that! I would just put it really small at the bottom, below “dinner and dancing to follow”
  • R
    Beginner May 2019
    Rachel ·
    First off, that’s such a beautiful invitation. I put our website on the RSVP part of the invitation. I personally think it’s a convenience for the guests, because the website has good information about the wedding. For instance, ours is in a backyard so we want people to know Stelleto heels might not be appropriate
  • Nikita
    Rockstar April 2019
    Nikita ·

This isn't a problem at all. My invites had the WW on the bottom as all my RSVPs were online. Mine said "RSVP at [weddingwebsiteaddress]"

Maybe write: "For details visit [weddingwebsiteaddress]"

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with Rachel here! I think your website on the RSVP would be a good idea, especially if you're offering your guests the option to RSVP online.

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

Can it go on the back? Or can you order an additional card to put in the envelope?

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    I think it’s fine to do that. I’ve seen plenty of invitations that have the wedding website on them
  • allisonrose
    Dedicated September 2019
    allisonrose Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I wish! But, no it can’t. It’s an all-in-one so it folds into itself and there won’t be in an actual envelope. The back is going to have the guest’s address on it.
  • allisonrose
    Dedicated September 2019
    allisonrose Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! The only reservation I have about that is that once they send the RSVP in, they won’t have the website on paper anymore.
  • Holly
    Devoted June 2020
    Holly ·
    I think I'm doing the all-in-one invitation, too. I love it! I had the same worry as well but was reassured by many people that times are changing and people are going more modern. The invitation I like has a section at the bottom of the top portion that says "details: please visit our website xxandxx.wedding". Maybe you could try to make room for that so it's not lost on the rsvp section?
  • Holly
    Devoted June 2020
    Holly ·

Also, I'm not sure if these are from Minted, but I know they include 3 clear stickers to seal the flap together, so in case you can't fit the website on the actual invitation and need to include a separate small details insert card, you could probably find the same kind of clear stickers at Michael's if you wanted to seal the sides of the card together to make sure the insert doesn't fall out. That may make it heavier though, not sure.

• allisonrose
    Dedicated September 2019
    allisonrose Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    They are from Minted. Great idea, thanks!
  • R
    Beginner May 2019
    Rachel ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s awesome. Didn’t know about that when I ordered. I got a business card size insert to include more information for something else and I was worried they would fall out and accidentally get thrown away
  • Jazz
    Devoted June 2019
    Jazz ·

Those are beautiful!! I most definitely think you should put the website on there. However I think on the main invitation would be great. I've had wedding invitations that I've referred to right before the wedding so I could double check a few details. But I probably would remember the website name if I sent back the RSVP and that's where it was.

Comment on this discussion