We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alyssa
Savvy December 2019

Invitation times

Alyssa, on March 14, 2019 at 10:40 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save

So my ceremony will begin at 4pm on the nose (hopefully). I would prefer for people not to be roaming around and into my venue while the ceremony is going on. With that being said, what time should I make my invitations? Just have the straight 4pm and hope that everyone arrives on time? Or have them at 330 to give everyone a small window, time to grab a refreshment, and get a seat?

6 Comments

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    If the ceremony is to begin at 4, you list 4 on your invitations. Responsible adults know to arrive at an event early and before the actual start time. If you put 3:30 and are not intending to start until 4, you are going to have a lot of impatient guests, especially for those who see 3:30, and as mentioned, are responsible adults, and arrive at 3.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with this. I like to be early as to avoid that awkward "oh shoot they're already walking down the aisle" moment and would NOT be happy to be waiting around for an hour.
    List the start time.
  • A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

Agreed with everyone else! You list the start time!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This happened at a wedding I went to recently. They listed the start time at 3, but the ceremony was supposed to start at 3:30 and didn't end up starting until 4, and there wasn't much to do except sit in the hot sun and wait with baited breath.

• Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

I would put the earlier 3:30 time on the invites. That way most will get there before then and have time to get a drink and roam around a bit...

• Alyssa
    Savvy December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles