S2B Mrs. Davis
Expert December 2013

Invitation misdate!

S2B Mrs. Davis, on June 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Posted in Planning 0 20
Saved Save

Hello everyone,

This is new to me, since I wasn't even aware of there being forums on here, lol. Since there are though, I figure I should utilize what I have. My fiancee has recently informed me that the date we agreed on (his idea in the first place), isn't going to work, due to most of his invited guests having to work that day. This is of course coming after the invitations have been made and ribbon-ed and stuffed into their envelopes (not sealed thank goodness!), after contracts with vendors and the venue have been signed.. Ugh! But everything has been changed accordingly, with the exception of the invitations.

Any ideas on the best way to go with this?

Thanks in advance!

20 Comments

• Breanna
    Expert January 2017
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

I am not sure, but you should take one out and take a picture of the date so that the girls on here know what you are working with, and you should get some good suggestions =]

• Mrs♥F
    Super August 2013
    Mrs♥F ·
    • Flag

When I set my date originally, a lot of people said they wouldn't be able to go, because of work and etc. I decided that I wasn't going to change the date for everyone, One weekend was bad for my dads sisters, another didn't work with my mom. So I said screw it, and if they really want to be there they will make it happen, and guess what. So far everyone who said they couldn't make it, are coming.

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

Sorry, here's a picture. It is only a week out so it wasn't too much of a big deal. I know the reason why, so I don't mind changing the date. It won't get changed again though, lol.

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

Sorry, here's a picture. It is only a week out so it wasn't too much of a big deal. I know the reason why, so I don't mind changing the date. It won't get changed again though, lol.

• Mrs.L
    Master October 2011
    Mrs.L ·
    • Flag

My wedding is on a thursday.. We havent sent out invites just yet, just the STD's, we already have people telling us they took the days off, our OOT guests are inquiring abotu ticket options.. If a guests really wants to go to your wedding they wiill make it happen.

But, im glad you were able to move everything around.. but I agree with Breanna, can we see a pic so maybe someone can give you suggestions.. Only, thing that pops in my head is make a little insert and add it in the envelope with the date change? Unless, you want to go through the hassle of redoing the all the invites..

@Deshae I thought the same thing about my date.. Exact same thing!

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

I was thinking an insert as well, because it's not going to be so easy trying to change words as it would be numbers.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

Could you possibly print up the new date on a little label and just stick it over? would save confusion in case people don't read the insert, etc.

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

That's a really good idea! Don't know if I could find anything to print out that small, but definitely worth a shot! Thank you kahlcara!

• Lillian
    VIP November 2013
    Lillian ·
    • Flag

I agree with Felicia; try a little insert. I Like the invitations. Those were originally my colors. Love gray and pink together.

• Mrs.L
    Master October 2011
    Mrs.L ·
    • Flag

Is the date change going to change your RSVP due date as well?

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

No, since it is just a week's diff, i'm going to leave everything the same. PS. how do you get notifications for this?! lol

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

Maybe use a labelmaker? I know we use one at work for labelling folders and such. it makes pretty narrow labels.

• Breanna
    Expert January 2017
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

http://www.staples.com/Brother-P-touch-PT-D200-Label-Maker-Refurbished/product_148176

There is a $20 label maker from the "easy button" company Smiley winking

I think the labels are going to be the easiest thing to do! Maybe you can find label refills in pink?

ETA: Oops that is a refurbished one... But their website has ten pages of label makers, I am sure you could find something as similarly inexpensive =]

And edit again: Found some silver label tape =]

http://www.staples.com/Brother-3-8-inch-Black-on-Silver-tape/product_BRTM921

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·
    • Flag

Have you considered the cost at changing dates with your vendors? I recently decided to change my wedding date because we decided to move our wedding fromTexas to Ohio. Granted, we had to cancel on our vendors, but you may lose deposits or have them be booked for the new date, especially if they had to turn down other couples on your day. Just something to consider.

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·
    • Flag

Why did you have them all sealed and addressed already anyway? You don't have to send them out until September at earliest!

• Mrs.L
    Master October 2011
    Mrs.L ·
    • Flag

Notifications for people responding? I guess its just through your email... I think they need something that pops up on the screen! You have no idea who responds on your posts or even mentions you in a comment to answer your question..

• Kari  Taggard
    November 2019
    Kari Taggard ·
    • Flag

If you can't have them reprinted, I would go with a label over an insert. There may be some confusion with 2 dates and I would hate for guests to show up on the incorrect date.

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

Thank you for the labelmaker link Breanna! That sounds like a good plan. Chrissy, I only had to move it a week later, all of my vendors were ok with it. I didn't suffer any fees or fines (thank goodness, otherwise... lol). Halloween Bride, my invitations havent been sealed yet, just prettied up and stuffed. I think label is the best idea, thank you everybody! ^.^

• S2B Mrs. Davis
    Expert December 2013
    S2B Mrs. Davis ·
    • Flag

Breanna! How awesome are you! I'm a little late, I know, but you linked me the maker and silver tape! You're incredible! I didn't look at the whole post at first, my downfall, lol. Thank you so much!

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

What cute invites! Don't feel bad. I had to reprint, crop, and glue my STDs over again b/c I can't spell the word, "marriage." I like the label idea as well.

Comment on this discussion