Wisco2PA
Beginner September 2017

Invitation Comparison

Wisco2PA, on August 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

Hi All, I'm starting to compare invitation costs and am at a stand still. I like minted.com and especially the free addressing of the envelopes included. However, Vistaprint has invitations that I like just as much and are a lot cheaper (and in my price range). However, they don't include any addressing options.

How do I go about addressing the outer envelopes? I've heard that labels are a "no" and my handwriting wouldn't look good either. What are some things other brides have done if the addressing wasn't included?

Thanks!

19 Comments

• MizzzCara
    Master June 2017
    MizzzCara ·

Print directly on the envelope or hire someone to write nicely. I'll just be handwriting them.

• MrsMcCoy
    VIP April 2016
    MrsMcCoy ·

We used VistaPrint and I printed the addresses on clear labels and used a script font. The outer envelopes are just going to be thrown away. If anyone wants to side-eye me for that, have at it!

I see no problem with nicely printed labels.

• Christine
    Devoted September 2017
    Christine ·

Is it in your budget to hire a calligrapher? I'll be doing my own calligraphy since I'm a designer and I've done that stuff before, and everyone always says I have nice handwriting.

• Breezy
    Super January 2017
    Breezy ·

I ordered my design off etsy, and we are printing through vistaprint, and ordering envelopes off minted.

• Private_User832
    Master August 2017
    Private_User832 ·

So I know address labels are a no, but I personally am doing it. I just feel like that's one of those rules that years from now I literally won't care whether I used labels are not so why bother caring now. Personally, I say save the money and stress and just do the labels, but I'm probably in the minority.

• Private_User832
    Master August 2017
    Private_User832 ·

Or not* not are not!

• Kerry
    Expert June 2017
    Kerry ·

There are shops on etsy that do hand addressing for individual addresses. You'd purchase the envelopes, mail them to them and they return them addressed.

• N
    Dedicated October 2016
    Nikki ·

I used a calugraphy pen fairly easy if you practice and fairly inexpensive, then on returned rsvps I also did a clear labor with fancy script

• Jessinlove
    VIP November 2016
    Jessinlove ·

I went with minted, I found a promo code and that made them more affordable. I ordered my STDs from vistaprint and addressed them myself, it was a hassle. So I was sold on Minted when they addressed them for free.

Love your Avatar BTW Go Pack !

• Pszab
    Super May 2017
    Pszab ·

What's wrong with address labels?

Who the hell is going to keep an envelope? "Wow look how beautiful this envelope is!"

• MyBBLife
    VIP October 2016
    MyBBLife ·

I m working with a calligrapher on Etsy.

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·

Labels are fine! I used clear avery labels and downloaded a pretty (but legible) font for the printing.

• Kyle
    Super May 2019
    Kyle ·

We ordered everything through VistaPrint, and then printed the address directly onto the invite. We were thrilled with the results. (The picture of us was a postcard with the RSVP info on the back.)

The color is a little off in this picture, but you get the idea.

• Rebecca
    Super November 2016
    Rebecca ·

I agree with @pszab! It's the invite that's most important, they throw away the envelope! But it should still look "clean", label should be fine.

• xray12280
    Master June 2017
    xray12280 ·

I'm using clear labels and I don't care because it's better then my handwriting!

• Crystal
    Expert May 2017
    Crystal ·

I chose Magnet street bc they had good quality and 40% off. Check groupon for sales on your printing company. I was mad I didn't see the Groupon for addition $30 off before I ordered. Lol

• haleyheartsblue
    Dedicated March 2017
    haleyheartsblue ·

Vista print is where we ordered ours! I got them during the 50% off sale and earned vista cash which I'm gonna use to buy an embosser. Could you take up calligraphy? There's awesome beginner books on Amazon

• Talia
    Dedicated September 2016
    Talia ·

I know this is probably very unpopular, but I spent so much time handwriting all my invites & RSVP cards for my guests to be shocked that they had to RSVP & wonder where the venue was. In other words, times are different & people don't even look at these things anymore. Do what's in your budget.

• Maggy
    Super December 2016
    Maggy ·

I'm getting my invites from annsbridalbargains and I'll be hand addressing them myself. I understand where people are coming from saying no one will keep the envelope, but I do appreciate when I get a hand addressed invite in the mail. It just makes it seem more personal than a label to me.

Comment on this discussion