D
Dedicated June 2014

Introducing myself as "the older bride"

Deb, on October 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 28
Saved Save

I would like to upload a photo but as yet haven't figured out how. Lol. I'm not tech-illiterate but... so I promise I will post a pic/avatar soon. I'm 61, blonde w/ short straight hair, & right now I weigh 15 lbs more than I want. (Too much going out to dinner with FH!!) Usually I wear size 6 clothes. I 'm on a low-carb diet because I'll need a dress fitting in Jan. (wedding is June 28, '14). I'm scared to death. Ha. I've been told in the past I resembled Princess Diana. Prob the nose & the hair. ( Not the money!!!) But I'm just a lil girl born & raised in Maine, now in the Boston area, after 40 years in 6 other states. Met my wonderful FH online, and our 1st date was only Jan 2, 2013! Hey, when you know you know! He's 20 years younger than I and has always loved older women. I had honestly about resigned myself to having to be with a man my age, but after many dates with men "my age" I was so depressed!! Ugh! I knew I had more energy than that ... so when my "Baby" FH came along ... wow. I said " THIS is what i need!!" We laugh out loud every single day at the absurdity & joy of life.... and each other! We're taking ballroom dancing lessons & are working up a hot routine to our song STAY, by Rihanna. It'll be our First Dance. I'm so happy, but as I've learned over the years, my happiness comes from within myself, not totally because of him. He feels the same. We must always keep our identity & not lose our "self" in a partner, no matter how wonderful that person is! Having been a widow, I know that Life goes on, and it will ALWAYS get better. It's all in your attitude. So, my beautiful fellow brides, savor each moment now and try not to wish Time away. It will all turn out the way it's supposed to... Love & hugs & be relaxed & happy in the planning!!

28 Comments

• Donna
    Master June 2014
    Donna ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW!

• Kelly H
    Super November 2013
    Kelly H ·
    • Flag

You are not alone with your life experiences. I'm 54 and its so nice to see that wedding wire has something for everyone. My FH is 49

Congratulations on finding the right man for you.

I love your outlook and look forward to seeing your posts. To love, laughter and happily ever after.

• B
    Dedicated June 2014
    Betho ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW!

When you upload a pic it has to be from the "full site" not the app or mobile site. Then, when you post, under where you type there will be a button for it. Good luck.

P.s. there's no such thing as an "older" bride =-)

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

Hi Deb, welcome to WW! Congratulations on finding true love, once again! xoxo

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

Welcome and happy planning! Smiley smile

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW from a fellow "older" bride (I'm 50). I love your introduction and zest for life!

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

Congrats and welcome to WW. Can't wait to follow your planning Smiley smile

• Celia Milton
    January 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! I have lots of brides who are over 40, 50, 60, even 70. People find happiness at all different times in their lives!!!

Best wishes!

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·
    • Flag

Congratulations and Welcome to WW!

• Sarah
    VIP May 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I love your love story and I love the song "Stay" by Rihanna! FH and I both love it. Congrats on the wedding! And I love younger men myself, always have. Smiley smile

• Nancy Taussig
    January 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

Recently officiated a wedding for a couple 71 years young who met at their class reunion (had not known each other in school).

• LB
    Master May 2014
    LB ·
    • Flag

Welcome and happy planning! FH and I are 48 and 58 and it's our first marriage. We met online. Never too late to meet the love of your life!

• Samantha
    Master May 2013
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I love it. Good for you! Welcome Smiley smile

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

I love your positive attitude! Welcome to WW, my lovely date twin!

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! Welcome to WW- very happy to have you!

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

Congrats and welcome!

• Mrs.Rebeiro
    Master April 2014
    Mrs.Rebeiro ·
    • Flag

Congrats and Welcome!!

• Debbie
    Expert May 2014
    Debbie ·
    • Flag

Hi Deb from another Deb! I'm 56 and my FH is 52. Congratulations!

• Kristie & Bryce
    Super April 2014
    Kristie & Bryce ·
    • Flag

You are as young as you live! You sound vibrant and youthful to me Smiley smile

• Jackie
    Just Said Yes April 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!! My FH and I are both 55 and we look forward to our special day.

Comment on this discussion