Elyse
Master September 2015

Inspire Me...

Elyse, on December 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 25
Saved Save

With your centerpieces. I haven't talked to the florist yet because honestly I have a super small budget for flowers so I'm wondering if I want to include them at all in the centerpieces. I'm pretty sure I do, but something very small and maybe add multiple components to the centerpiece to fill the space. There's two inspiration pictures below. Our colors are navy/ivory/blush and our venue is a ship. Dinner will be at 6:30 so I do want it to be an evening look and not too casual.

I like the idea of the small square vases with the ribbon. And I want to do table numbers similar to the ones below, but instead of numbers, they would be sailor's knots. I feel like it needs something else, maybe small gold votives? I'm struggling with this, so let me see yours or your inspiration photos.

25 Comments

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I'm leaning towards all white hydrangeas and baby's breath in Eifel vases. Right now the florist is book with the flowers below with white hydrangea as well (the photo is showing what the BM bouquets look like as of now).

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

Are your colors incorporating gold? I mentioned this awhile ago to someone else, but mercury glass might be what you're looking for (attached). My centerpieces (inspiration) are the second picture.

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

@Emma I love the flovers that are in the base of the vase.

@Maltese I kept thinking of going with bunches baby's breath becasue I assumed it was relatively cheap but the dramatic rustic post seemed to prove that it is a little pricey. Guess I will have to talk that one over with the florist.

@Janeen Gold, yes! I am in LOVE with that mercury glass!!

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I'm going to ask mine before we finalize all the deets. I'm hoping since there isn't A LOT of BB that it wouldn't been too much more. If it is then I'll just stick with what we have and already paid for.

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

We're not having flower centerpieces. Originally, I wanted skull centerpieces but we had such a hard time finding the right skulls. We ended up getting black trees and are going to glue mini skulls around the bases. We're also going to put the table numbers on the branches.

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

Here are mine. Purple hydrangeas, purple orchids, and cotton.

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

@Ruth the little trees are so cool!

@Shelby, they look so elegant pulled together with linens. Love the pattern on the tablecloth.

• Future_Mrs
    Dedicated January 2015
    Future_Mrs ·
    • Flag

I found my centerpiece on pinterest and had my florist recreate it for me!

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

@Future _Mrs I've seen the branches, but never with the hanging crystals. Gorgeous!

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

@Elyse, when I was meeting with my venue, I told her I really wanted colored linens and she gave me a tip: "I know upgraded linens are great for us cost wise, but I'm going to be honest with you, your guests provide the color. It looks really busy if your guests are wearing all these different colors and then your linen is a different color. Ivory or white is the way to go. Throw in a print to make it pop." I went with her advice and I'm happy I did. Just wanted to pass along!

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·
    • Flag

I didn't want flowers in my centerpieces. This is my mock-up. The real one will have real candles not LED

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

@ Rosemary: Our theme is gothic/Halloweenish.

@Elyse: Thanks!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

These are my work in progress pieces. Ours our an eclectic mix of what we like. We got 50 hard cover books and a 26 book encyclopedia set for $120 at half priced books (used my moms discount during teacher appreciation week), we also got vases at the dollar store (they have some great smaller glass items! and you can buy online and pick up in store. And, then votives on the Yummy candle PSA tip ~1 month ago. We are going to try and incorporate some preserved hops too, but I havent figured out how yet. IDK if any of that helps, but you can do some beautiful eclectic things for pretty cheap. (We are planning for 200 guests and 26 tables, and have spent under $300 for all of our table decorations so far).

• Future_Mrs
    Dedicated January 2015
    Future_Mrs ·
    • Flag

@Shelby Very Elegant! Love it!

@Elyse Thank you! The hanging crystals def. give it more of a wow factor =)

• Elyse
    Master September 2015
    Elyse ·
    • Flag

@Shelby Our venue comes with ivory linens and I don't feel the need to change them. I thought about doing the striped table runner, but I feel like it is too much of a daytime/casual look and of course it's an extra expense.

@Emmy we were just talking about doing pine cone centerpieces for my work holiday party. So cute for winter!

@NotAllWhoWander Yes, if I go with the square vases I am definitely doing them from the dollar store and putting ribbon on myself.

I feel like I sound super cheap, but I should add that the reception is on multiple decks of the ship, so centerpieces will only be around for dinner (1-1.5 hours) and then we are moved to a different area which has small tables with lanterns. That's why I don't want to put too much money into them.

• Future_Mrs
    Dedicated January 2015
    Future_Mrs ·
    • Flag

@Elyse Personally, I really like the small square vases with the flowers and ribbon. You might be able to diy these centerpieces and save some money on the florist. I have seen similar vases at the dollar store and I would look online as well for like wholesale pricing.

• Now I'm Mrs. L
    VIP April 2015
    Now I'm Mrs. L ·
    • Flag

Mine are going to look similar to this in 8" fishbowls with votives and petals scattered around on the table.

• Mrs Rueckert
    Expert November 2014
    Mrs Rueckert ·
    • Flag

This is what ours looked like

ETA: I bought everything (except the cylinders) and then gave everything to the florist to put together. It saved us some money because I found good deals and coupons from Michaels.

• Shauna
    VIP May 2015
    Shauna ·
    • Flag

Small vases. Some candles. pretty simple. A little romantic.

Comment on this discussion