Zoie
Just Said Yes August 2019

In need of some help or tips.

Zoie, on February 18, 2019 at 8:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save
I seem to be planning my wedding by myself. Smiley ups I have no clue what I'm doing. I have my dress, flowers, shoes, and veil. I don't know of anything else to do now. I know I need a place and pasture but does anyone else have anything helpful that they could fill me in on or just tips for my wedding. (I'm trying to keep it simple.) I get married August 25th, 2019.

9 Comments

• Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag

You need a venue and catering like...yesterday. You really don't have a date until you have a place to get married and many places are already booked up.

After that go on to photographer and DJ.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with this. You need to find your venue asap. You can do it in a park...vfw hall or similar etc. I dont think those usually book as quickly as others.
    Do you have your budget set?
  • Jackie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    Have you decided on your guest list yet or your overall budget? Both of those should be completed as soon as possible to determine what type of venue and associated services you can incorporate. The more guests, the larger the cost, so deciding on those two first will help a lot.

Once you have the guest list down, I suggest searching in Venues vendor search tool within WeddingWire to create a list of venues you like. You can narrow the search based on the approximate number of guests and then start reaching out to them directly to check availability and wedding package costs. Also think about whether you want the ceremony and reception in the same place or separate (e.g. get married in a church then travel to the reception site).

To make life easier, I would also recommend trying to find a venue that includes your basic ceremony/reception rentals (i.e. tables, chairs, linens, etc.) as well as catering and bar services included (assuming you’re going for the full shibang). From a planning standpoint, the “all-inclusive” venues may be a little more expensive but can make it a little easier to manage vendors, since the big ones will be handled by the venue vs. having to search separately.

Lastly, the WeddingWire checklist feature has been a huge help in my own planning for the different vendors and timing of when to book and by when. Good luck!!
  • Zoie
    Zoie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Minimum $300 and maximum $700.
  • Savvy September 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    I am keeping mine very simple with a guest list of 79. First you a set a budget and guest list then a place where u will get married. U will need to book the reception asap and also the dj or photographer if u plan to have one. We did a guest list then look at reception venues, catering for food. Most places book 1-2 year in advance.
  • Autumn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Autumn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Is that budget For the venue or the whole wedding?
  • Zoie
    Zoie ·
    • Flag
    The whole wedding. I live in a fixed incomeand my man has a bouncy work schedule.
  • Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Can you go to the courthouse to get married? I think it will be difficult planning a full wedding with that budget.
  • Zoie
    Zoie ·
    • Flag
    I am having a full wedding. I have my dress and my fiance has his tux and we have what we want to eat planned out. Invitations sent and seats are arranged and people are arranged to the seating. We also have a place we are getting married at. All under $600. You don't have to go all out to have a wedding. It's the person you're marrying that matters. Not how fancy or expensive the wedding is.

Comment on this discussion