KK2019
Devoted February 2019

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀

KK2019, on January 8, 2019 at 12:29 AM Posted in Wedding Attire
So my main reason for posting this is to share my advice with other brides re: dress shopping.

1) DONT BUY A DRESS TOO EARLY
2) DONT LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE鈥橲 OPINIONS
3) DONT SETTLE FOR A DRESS YOU DONT LOVE

(Super)Long story short(ish).... 1st dress I loved but was talked out of loving it after the fact. Also convinced myself I didn鈥檛 want to spend $$$ on a dress. 2nd dress was not my style AT ALL but it was very beautiful and on sale. I told myself it was a safe option if I didn鈥檛 lose the weight I wanted to. Fast forward to last week (2 weeks away from my alterations appointment and 6 weeks form my wedding) and I started to have the worst anxiety over this dress. I felt like I just looked super wide and boxy... like when you wear baggy clothes to hide. I started to regret not embracing my body and just going with a more fitted style regardless of my weight. I saw a dress on Instagram and instantly FELL IN LOVE. Looked it up and found it brand new on a resale site in the exact size I needed. Bought it just like that...no hesitation...even tho it was no refunds. Which is insane because I tried on SO MANY dresses and hated 90% of them so the chances this would magically fit and look great on me were slim. But something in my gut just KNEW it would be the one... and guess what!! IT 100000% IS. So my other reason for posting this is to show it off because I am over the moon happy and absolutely cannot wait to wear this on my wedding day. THIS is the feeling I should have waited for from the start.

Photo with bouquet is my new dress. A-Line gown was second dress. Casual dress was first.

Ps. Please ignore my messy bedroom, still recovering from Christmas 馃槀

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 1

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 2

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 3

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 4
Share:

108 Comments

• Nell
    Devoted July 2019
    Nell
    I think you look wayyy better in the fitted dresses and your body is to die for!馃槏 I wish I had curves like that girl!
  • OnCloudRawls
    Rockstar June 2019
    OnCloudRawls

The first dress with the bouquet is gorgeous!!! Especially on you! You are going to be a gorgeous bride! The detail on that dress is beautiful! Plus, you are wearing that dress! It fits so well!

• Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238
    Oh yea u made the right choice!! So glad u got what u wanted.
  • Augusta
    Dedicated February 2020
    Augusta
    The one with the bouquet and the last one both look so good on you.
  • Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel
    I love the one you ended up with finally! I hope you find a reason to wear that third dress at some point because it鈥檚 gorgeous on you!
  • C L
    Dedicated June 2019
    C L
    Girlllll the on you chose for your wedding is gorgeousss馃槏馃槏馃槏馃槏
  • Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane
    In love with your do am dress... it's perfect. Dress number one is nice too, but not with a wow factor. Number 2... no. So glad you perfected to perfection
  • Lauren
    Devoted October 2019
    Lauren
    Wow the dress with the bouquet is slammin! You look gorge!
  • S
    Dedicated February 2019
    Sarah
    I love the one you finally picked!! By far the most flattering and prettiest in my opinion
  • sandy
    Dedicated October 2019
    sandy
    You made the right choice love love love your dress on you!!!
  • KK2019
    Devoted February 2019
    KK2019
    Thank you ladies all soooo much 鈾ワ笍 You are all the sweetest!!

I was thinking about keeping the first dress I bought as just a pretty, formal dress as it was very inexpensive at David鈥檚 Bridal. Maybe even dying it a different color.

The second dress I鈥檓 definitely going to find a new home for because it鈥檚 a Justin Alexander and will be a gorgeous dress on someone else. Everyone talked me into this one saying 鈥渨hen else will you ever get to wear the big white dress鈥. So I felt pressure to wear one even tho I never wanted that.
  • Alicia
    Expert August 2019
    Alicia
    Dang, girl! You look amazing! Love the dress choice!!!
  • K
    Expert November 2019
    Kayla
    Oh my goodness, you look smoking hot in your new dress! I'm so glad you stuck with your gut because you are right the second dress was way to boxy for you! Congratulations, you are beautiful!
    If you don't mind me asking what resale site did you use?
  • Futuremrsconroy
    Dedicated November 2019
    Futuremrsconroy
    That new dress is gorgeous!!! You look so beautiful! I bought my dress a month after we got engaged, we are 10 months out from our wedding, I hope I still love it down the road. I need to get going on losing some weight so I feel good in it, but I bought it for the body I have now.
  • KK2019
    Devoted February 2019
    KK2019
    Thank you so much @ Alicia!!! 鈾ワ笍

@ Kayla... thank you thank youuuuuu girl! 鈾ワ笍
    I bought my new one on preowned Wedding dress. There鈥檚 another鈥檚 pretty popular one called still white. Definitely worth checking out! Especially if you already know what dress you love from trying on in store. The transaction was flawless and you can use PayPal so your purchase is protected. It鈥檚 a toss up with return policy tho, some offer it and some don鈥檛. Which I totally get because now that I鈥檓 selling mine I鈥檓 thinking how much of a pain it would be to come back to me, but then again it鈥檚 not fair to the disappointed bride who just bought it either.
  • KK2019
    Devoted February 2019
    KK2019
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! 鈾ワ笍 When does it come in for you to try on again? I know the time between the purchase and the wait while it鈥檚 ordered can be grueling. What you did was super smart and I think that鈥檚 a rule that should be added to dress shopping! Buying the dress for your body now.
  • Brittany
    Rockstar April 2019
    Brittany

The third dress is definitely your dress! So excited for you!

• Futuremrsconroy
    Dedicated November 2019
    Futuremrsconroy
    View Quoted Comment
    It actually came in a month later!! Much faster than expected! It鈥檚 hanging in my closet now. I bought it in ivory. The back pic is in the correct size in bright white, the front pic is ivory but a size too small.

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 5

Impulsively bought third dress a month out 馃槀 6
  • Cassandra
    Savvy May 2020
    Cassandra
    I love the dress you ended up with! It looks great on you and it鈥檚 so beautiful.
  • Miranda
    Expert February 2019
    Miranda

Love all of the dresses, but the fitted ones were made for you! The lace one is amazing.

Comment on this discussion