Tasha-n-Adam
Dedicated March 2014

I'm getting married in 24 days! Any last minute advice/suggestions from those who've already been through it?

Tasha-n-Adam, on February 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

I'm getting married in 24 days! Any last minute advice/suggestions from those who've already been through it!? I'm getting crazy nervous all of a sudden!

Anything you forgot about or over looked?

Any suggestions for time line?

Any suggestions for pictures?

Anything you want to share!

16 Comments

• Anisea
    Master July 2014
    Anisea ·
    • Flag

Dont fiddle with your veil! Let it hang! Your BP will fix it if its messed up! Leave extra time to get ready. Dont forget to eat even if you cant because youre nervous.

Something will go wrong, someone wont show, or something will be the wrong color, dont let it get you down, just move on, the day will FLY BY so fast, so smile and dont be stressed

• KristnH
    Master November 2013
    KristnH ·
    • Flag

Just enjoy it - every second! Because as much as we can tell it goes by too fast, it really does, and you won't understand until the night is over.

Be sure to eat and drink (water) while getting ready. You do not want to be dehydrated while saying your "I Do's"

Take it all in, but don't let any little thing bug you too much. Concentrate on the good and the fun, and the love that you are experiencing. Someone may not show up last minute, a baby may cry through your ceremony, a woman may wear a "yellow" aka same color as your gown dress... but none of it compares to the fact that you're getting married!!

PS - yes, those three things I mentioned happened at our wedding, but I didn't notice the baby crying until I watched the video, I didn't notice someone not being there until the end of the reception, and the lady in the cream dress... well she sucks, but my day was still amazing regardless.

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

Have whoever picks up your flowers count carefully all the bouquets, corsages, bouts, etc. I know we were shorted one corsage, my sister was a BM in a wedding where that happened, and I've read about it a couple times on here. I'm not normally a conspiracy theory type, but it seems like stiffing people is a way some florists may try to make a penny or two-- after all, who's going to go back *after* the wedding and complain?

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

Give your must-have photo list to someone you trust. You will be sick & tired of taking photos and want to blow off your list. Seems like a great idea at the time, but afterwards you'll be sad you don't have some shots.

Smile, be happy and have a great day!

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Just enjoy it .... what matters is that you and your FH get to GET MARRIED and all of your nearest and dearest are coming to celebrate with you. how cool is that??

:-) HAVE FUN!

• FutureMrsG.
    Super February 2014
    FutureMrsG. ·
    • Flag

Don't kill anyone, and if you do bleach hides evidence! Smiley smile

Just breath and write down everything you have left to do. For me it helps to put it on paper, because then I will look over it and see if I missed something.

• Gabriele
    Super June 2013
    Gabriele ·
    • Flag

If you worked with most of the vendors in your planning, make sure someone carries your cell phone on your wedding day and can answer it.

Designate one person to be in charge of stuff and field questions (ours was a favorite aunt).

Enjoy the day!

• Tasha-n-Adam
    Dedicated March 2014
    Tasha-n-Adam ·
    • Flag

Thanks guys. This really helps! Smiley smile

• Anisea
    Master July 2014
    Anisea ·
    • Flag

Ah, change your voicemail message that day to include the venues number or a BP number, so people have another persons phone number when they call you

• Mrswilson2012
    VIP December 2012
    Mrswilson2012 ·
    • Flag

Enjoy your day and take it all in, it goes by so fast, congrats! Smiley smile

• FinallyMrsMoon
    Devoted February 2014
    FinallyMrsMoon ·
    • Flag

Plus 1 on the photo list. Its amazing how many photos I feel like we missed out on by the end of the night. Make sure someone be it a friend, relative, photog, planner keeps you on your timeline and make sure you leave a few mins of leeway time between things. If you have a bigger bridal party or large group of people who need to be places, create a friendly reminder email about 2 weeks out with times and random details for the wedding (directions, money to bring for hair/makeup, where to be dropped off, etc). Leave someone in charge of your phone all day - you won't really see it much until the end of the day but it might be good to have it around for vendors.

Lay out shoes, jewelry, dress, undergarments aside the night before and keep them there. I totally forgot to wear my petticoat and realized it too late. If you have a corset dress or need to be bustled, make sure someone knows how to do it before hand (would've saved me some time LOL). Have fun!! It really does blow right on by - so take it all in and don't forget to take some time with your FH to really appreciate the day and each other. There really isn't anything like it! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Master April 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Enjoy it'! Its one day you'll never get back, all the stress, all the crazy things that go wrong and all the things that you were nervous about go away as soon as you walk down that aisle. The world didnt even exist as I walked toward my husband. I couldn't help but grin and think nothing could go wrong at this point.

The day will fly by, once it begins you can't change it so embrace it!

Oh and have fun, I danced with my hubby's nephews and cousins (this girl does not dance)!

I ran late. My sister was behind us and got lost, I decided as I got out of the car I didn't want to wear my veil at all... I forgot the Roses for the parents... No worries my friend had them... My hubby's nephew carried my bouquet and the other carried the marriage license because they wanted so badly to help with something the morning of as they picked me up with my father in law to take me to the hall.... Lets just say my father in law was a life saver because I almost forgot both things those boys were carrying and the rings... Which he tucked away in suit pocket! Lol. It'll all become a big blur and things won't go right at times but its sooooo worth it!

• Michelle
    Master April 2013
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Oh and don't give any pranksters your phone. I had photos on mine which were awesome... But somewhere along the lines someone posted on Facebook that I got cold feet and freaked out so I couldn't walk down the aisle. Lol. Luckily everyone else posted pics of the ceremony hahaha

• tiki monkey-buns
    VIP March 2014
    tiki monkey-buns ·
    • Flag

I'm at 23 days to go and really want to be as prepared as I can. Love this post!

• Kelly H
    Super November 2013
    Kelly H ·
    • Flag

Things I'm glad I had: secret stress protection deodorant, double sided tape (daughters BF''s pants zipper malfunctioned) and Gold Bond spray powder. The powder has a cooling effect. Great for under the boobs and thighs.

And one of my fav pictures, holding our parents wedding photos. We gave this photo as a gift to DH's parents and they really liked it.

• Elizabeth
    Devoted March 2014
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Date twin here! Loving all of this- very helpful! AH!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics