P
Savvy June 2015

Ideas for Honeymoons? Where are you going?

Private User, on September 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 38
Saved Save

My FH and I are looking into honeymoons, we want to leave the country and go somewhere really nice. (ex. London, Rome, Paris, Bora Bora, etc.) I'm starting to look at the cost and OMG is it expensive. I think we would have to cut many things out of our wedding day for just the flights. Any suggestions on where to go on a budget? Where is everyone else going?

38 Comments

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·

We were going to go to Malta and Greece but now we are thinking to save a little bit of money and go to Thailand for 10 days.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·

What specifically are you looking for? Are you looking for a beach? Are you looking for sightseeing in Europe? Bora Bora = beach, so if that's your thing, the caribbean usually has cheaper flights. Also, you can look at going at a later date for cheaper flights (there might be a rainy season in bora bora in the summer, I don't know). Try looking at flying out on another day for Europe, like Tuesday. Sometimes the flights are cheaper.

I'm going to St. Lucia.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·

OP, your wedding is a week after mine and the problem we were running into with anything in the Caribbean or Central America is that it was the start of the rainy season. Although it was just the start of it, we don't want to take even the smallest chance of being in the tropics during even the CHANCE of a hurricane so we are opting for Asia instead

• Emily
    Expert November 2014
    Emily ·

Were spending a week in Disneyworld then spending 3 weeks in the Azores. The flights aren't bad actually if you fly out of a east coast city. Were flying Sata airlines which only services the Azores, you should look into it.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·

We're going to Excellence Playa Mujeres for 10 days. It's an all inclusive and adults only. There are several other brides on WW that are also going there. I believe Jess should be doing a BAH very soon.

• P
    Savvy June 2015
    Private User ·

Thank you all!! We are really open to anything, historic or beach. We live in Daytona Beach so sadly we are Disneyed-out haha. I actually did not even know of the hurricane warning, thank you!

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·

What's your budget? Have you looked at a bunch of airports like Orlando?

• P
    Savvy June 2015
    Private User ·

Yes, we will be flying out of Orlando. We don't really have a budget per say. I would think no more than $1200 on flights per person.

• 8815wedding
    VIP August 2015
    8815wedding ·

We were thinking Croatia, Montenegro and Greece but realized that flights between Greece and Croatia are INSANE (like more than half of just getting from the U.S. to one of these countries). After doing more research, we realized we could stop in another hub city (e.g. Paris, Rome, London etc.) and fly to Croatia for the same price as just the flight to Croatia! Long story short, we are probably going to skip Montenegro and Greece and instead tack on cities going there/coming home. Right now we're thinking Copenhagen --> Croatia (3 cities!) --> Paris. Ahh!

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·

$1200 per person can get you to Europe, just look around. Flights usually dip in price the closer you get to them up until about a month out.

• Blissful
    Super September 2014
    Blissful ·

We just got back from Greece and I HIGHLY recommend it! We went to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini and I've been all over the world and never seen anything so gorgeous. The islands are incredible and once you get there, things aren't that expensive.

• Kristine
    Super October 2014
    Kristine ·

So FH informed me that he didn't want to go on the honeymoon cruise we were Just about to book, so instead we're flying to Europe, probably doing a weekend in Paris/London taking the train to Southampton and crossing the Atlantic on the QM2. It has been something I've wanted to do since I was a little girl and we only live once.

To save on it, we're cutting our original mini-moon plan (we're going next year on our honeymoon) from a long weekend in Disney to a road trip to Williamsburg.

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

We are doing a cruise.

• C
    Dedicated May 2015
    Christine ·

Cabo San Lucas

• The New Mrs. Compton
    Super November 2014
    The New Mrs. Compton ·

We are going to Costa Rica for 9 days. Half the time we stay at the base of a volcano in a rain forest, the other half we are on the beach. It's costing us just over $3,000, flights, food and alcohol included.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Allie ·

Secrets maroma beach in March!

• Heather
    Devoted November 2014
    Heather ·

We are going to Disney World for one week. We got engaged there. I have only been to each one of the parks once. I really hope I don't regret this.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·

Tahiti!! we are in CA so it was easier to get to than the Caribbean for us.

• K + B
    VIP September 2014
    K + B ·

We are going to Maui in a couple of weeks.

Have you been to the Bahamas? Flights to there won't be that expensive from where you are at.

• Kati
    Devoted May 2015
    Kati ·

We are staying at a Sandals in Jamaica! I think I am more looking forward to our honeymoon than our wedding..

Comment on this discussion