Future Mrs.Mendoza
Dedicated January 2019

i feel like I'm on here alot..

Future Mrs.Mendoza, on June 14, 2018 at 1:14 AM Posted in Planning
My wedding is not until January, and I'm obsessed with being engaged, but at the moment I feel like I cant plan on anything until the approval for my wedding date for the church goes through. Any advice, on anything I should plan while I wait? I have probably till Monday to hear about my date getting approved. And just being on here makes me more obsessed about my wedding and I cant stop thinking about it.
Share:

10 Comments

• A
    Dedicated August 2018
    Ashley ·
    Guest list, addresses for guest, quotes from other vendors for the potential date, style of your wedding... I was on pinterest a ton! Lol also, of you're into podcasts bridechilla is hilarious and helpful!
  • C
    VIP August 2019
    Caytlyn ·

You can pretty much plan anything that isn't date specific. Have you chosen any other vendors? Gotten quotes? Started working on your guest list? Looking at dresses? Do you have colors picked out? Have you picked and asked your BP? Have you started designing your invitations? Six months really isn't that long to get everything done!

• Future Mrs.Mendoza
    Dedicated January 2019
    Future Mrs.Mendoza ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I pretty much have my colors, my dress, got bridesmaids, went to a bridal extravaganza a few days ago got alot of quotes from there, started designing invitations also, got the guest list done. I'm just waiting for the date to start getting vendors like, venue, videography, djs etc.
  • Future Mrs.Mendoza
    Dedicated January 2019
    Future Mrs.Mendoza ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That podcast sounds cool!! I'm pinteresting so hard! Lmao
  • C
    VIP August 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

I see. Well you can definitely start researching them even without the date. Are you guys going to do premarital counseling? Even if so, you could look into some premarital books or workbooks. We recently purchased a book called "101 Things I Wish I Knew When I Got Married." It has great reviews. We plan to reach a chapter or two a week and discuss it together!

• Kiwibride
    Super November 2018
    Kiwibride ·
    You can still do research into vendors to shortlist them. Or just wait it out. Looking at the forums for ideas is still fun even when you have nothing to do
  • A
    Dedicated May 2020
    Ali ·
    For us, we have a tentative date, based on how we expect the next couple years to go (may 2020 here), so, while nothing is written in stone, we basically have everything planned. We have the guest list, BP list and everyone has been asked, his attire (mine has been flipped because of recent decisions, but the same general color and length), we have the food we are serving, teeny tiny budget so we are responsible doing everything we can ourselves including the cakes (gotta have vegan friendly cake for our veganites!), you could look at hair and makeup, shoes, BP attire, bouquets, favor ideas, table decorations, think about parking, come up with a back up plan in case your church can't accommodate your day, etc
  • L
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Lindsey ·
    Reading all these comments I feel like I'm very behind on my planning now. Jan 2020 is when we are getting married and.. wow, there is so much to do.
  • Allie
    Super September 2018
    Allie ·

Lol! I love your excitement! Im the same way! You could start with choosing your wedding party, officiant, colors, guest list... things like that!

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD Online ·

I would start planning as much as you can. I'd do a budget, guest list and start getting all your vendor quotes!

Comment on this discussion