Jill
Expert June 2014

I am resetting my e-ring!

Jill, on March 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 18
Saved Save

So excited! I just dropped off my ring to be reset! I debated this for over a year (our engagement will be 18 months all together) and finally decided to make the change.

When FH and I got engaged I really didn't know what I loved (I'm not much of a jewelry girl) and I wanted it to be easy on him. to select. I wound up getting a plain and simple ring with a classic 6 prong setting. Beautiful, but a little plain.

I didn't want to hurt his feelings so for about a year I didn't say a thing but finally once evening I brought it up and surprisingly he was totally open to it! I found a gorgeous matching set and on Wednesday morning I get to pick it up! Can't wait!

Girls - if you aren't entirely happy with what you've got, make a change. I am so glad I did.

18 Comments

• Courtney F
    VIP April 2014
    Courtney F ·
    • Flag

That ring is beautiful!

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·
    • Flag

That's the kind of setting I want. I want to say something, but I think he would get offended.

I don't even know why because he basically picked out the hint I sent to him.

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

@Sunshine what are you going to do for wedding ring? Will you also reset?

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·
    • Flag

My ering is very similar to that. Neil lane from Kay?

Here's my ering and band I LOVE them! You just have to make sure you get them cleaned a lot.

• mallory
    VIP May 2014
    mallory ·
    • Flag

FH got me a ring and then about a month later had been looking for a band to match it and he didn't see anything that was "me" so he surprised me with an upgrade and two wedding bands.. I love the ring and it's more "me" than the other and has the infinity band which is something I truly love!

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

Mine is from DeNatale Jewelers in lower Manhattan and was made by Gabriel & Co. New York.

Is it ok to post this link?

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER10274W44JJ

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

P.S Supermanbride I loooove your ring! The engraving on the side is gorgeous!

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·
    • Flag

I thought that's what the side of yours looked like.. Maybe not lol.

• Kendra
    Super September 2014
    Kendra ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!! Glad the convo went well with the FH!! Smiley smile

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

Supermanbride it is pretty similar (prolly why I like it so much!)

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

So pretty! I actually told FH that I liked the ring, but wanted a little more bling. (I have a solitaire on a plain band) Needless to say, FH was very upset since he spent 3 hours at the jeweler picking out my ring. I'm pretty much stuck with it!

• Amy
    Dedicated June 2014
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I love love love my engagement ring... but when I picked out my wedding band, I was feeling all the pressure of paying for the wedding and went "cheap" on it. So... with the wedding three months away, I said something to FH last night and I'm so surpised he was open to looking at other options! I'm so glad I said something! I have to wear these rings forever... I want something that matches better

• Jill
    Expert June 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

It is so important to love it. I felt super awkward when I first reached out to my FH (especially since he got me exactly what I initially asked for) but he listened with an open mind and in the end he was supportive. I will always keep that in mind and try to do the same for him when he comes to me.

• KellyT
    Master August 2014
    KellyT ·
    • Flag

Your new ring is beautiful!

I'm also a Gabriel & Co. bride. I think you're the only other one I've seen here.

• Merenda
    Dedicated April 2014
    Merenda ·
    • Flag

I picked mine out and had the band custom made to fit. I love my ring.

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I also have a Gabriel & Co. I love your new setting!!! This is mine =)

Only thing different is FH had them put 6 prongs on the diamond instead of 4 so it would be more sturdy

• FutureMrsW
    Expert September 2014
    FutureMrsW ·
    • Flag

I would never tell FH that I wanted a new ring. For 2 reasons: 1) He spent much time and $ on choosing something he thought i would love and that's what this ring symbolizes to me. Its similar to the set in the OP and i love it because its from him. 2) I wouldn't want to risk hurting his feelings by saying i dont like it. It is so not that serious over a ring.

I always thought I wanted a princess cut diamond ring, but when FH proposed with this ring (and i saw the matching wedding band), I was content because of what the rings meant. There's always the anniversary upgrade for the "dream" ring, but even if that doesnt happen, no biggie. FH said hes happy that im happy with it, but i can choose the upgrade/next ring if i want.

Comment on this discussion