E
Dedicated May 2014

How will your wedding cake look like???? Do you have pictures????

Emma, on March 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM Posted in Planning 0 42
Saved Save

Yeyyyy I just left the deposit for my wedding cake!!! It was not what I had in mind though.

When I got to the bakery, there where some cakes with hanging crystal stands. Apparently they are popular now and I decided to go for it, even though I had something else in mind. It will look like the one in the picture, but a lot nicer with a gold ribbon and some flowers. But it will have hanging crystals, which makes it sooooo cute. And the flavor will be Cherry Almond with Bavarian Creme inside. Mmmmmmm. I'm so happyyyyy. I got excited when I was ordering it!!!!!!!!!!!

42 Comments

• MrsSchultz
    Super October 2014
    MrsSchultz ·
    • Flag

Mine is going to be 5 tiers with a a small 4 inch cake on top and its going to be cupcakes with white frosting and teal edible beads on the top of the cupcakes and the top cake will be teal with white edible beads around the bottom of it.

• Courtney
    VIP September 2014
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

OMG! I LOVE this! I have never seen anything like it! FH's aunt (who used to own a bakery) is making our cake - so I'm about look for one of these stands, right now! So pretty!!!

• Aftan
    Super May 2014
    Aftan ·
    • Flag

We are designing ours with our baker so we won't have pics until day of.

• mscountry
    Master July 2014
    mscountry ·
    • Flag

Ours will look like this but with a turquoise ribbon and no flower.

• Krista
    Expert August 2014
    Krista ·
    • Flag

I like it! So how was the price comparison to the normal tiered cake?

• Cicely
    Dedicated March 2014
    Cicely ·
    • Flag

This is what our cake looked like.

• Cicely
    Dedicated March 2014
    Cicely ·
    • Flag

I think your cake is beautiful, it's the first time I've seen the hanging crystal stands.

• J
    VIP August 2014
    J ·
    • Flag

This is our inspiration!!

• TheFutureMrsPatmore
    Super September 2014
    TheFutureMrsPatmore ·
    • Flag

Here's our bakery's sketch, the cake will mostly be white will silver accents. It's supposed to feed 108 so we will have extra for people who want two slices. The bakery also makes a fresh cake for you on your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to worry about saving it for that tradition. We are having a slice boxed up for us to enjoy later on after the reception concludes.

The bottom tier is white with small silver pearls made to look like champagne bubbles rising and will be a Chocolate cake with a Ganache and Blackberry filling.

The next layer up will be white with silver chevrons, a Tahitian Vanilla cake with buttercream and raspberry filling.

The next layer will be a solid penalized silver airbrush with a burt butter and caramel cake with a toffee filling.

The top tier will be white with the same soft pearlized silver swirls on a Tiramisu cake with a Ganache and Mascarpone filling.

This was the FH favorite vendor selection I think…the catering and venue were tied for #2!

• E
    Dedicated May 2014
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Well, you won't believe it but the price for my cake is 350 DOLLARS. With the stands too. So you should ask the bakeries if they have them. I think it's something new that just came out because it was the first time I saw a cake like that. So basically, I'm renting the stands. And the lady said I just have to leave a check of $100 a week before the wedding to secure the stands because some people steal them. So they want to make sure I will return them and when I do, they give me back my $100 dollars. They don't take it out of my account. THE PRICE IS NOT BAD. GO CHECK IT OUT AT YOUR LOCAL BAKERY!!!!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Here's a horrible non-pro pic

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Here's a horrible non-pro pic

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

My cake

• Tricia
    Expert April 2014
    Tricia ·
    • Flag

This is ours but it will be pale pink instead of gold and the accents drawn on it will be silver.

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

Wow yours is really cool looking! Nice way to add height but not extra tiers of cake. Ours will look like this. But with purple ribbon and some purple flowers throughout. We may also have a cake topper instead of that many flowers on top.

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·
    • Flag

Cake inspiration

• KayDwitWill
    Master May 2015
    KayDwitWill ·
    • Flag

We want to keep it simple. We'd prefer to pay for a good tasting cake versus design but it has to be 3 tiers.

• Gabriele
    Super June 2013
    Gabriele ·
    • Flag

Love the crystals! Very elegant and I've never seen this before.

Here was ours:

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·
    • Flag

My cake will look very similar to this:

http://austendarcywedding.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/stacked-book-wedding-cake.jpg

Still deciding on exactly what colours and book names we want.

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·
    • Flag

This was ours Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion