Jasmine
VIP August 2020

How To...

Jasmine, on March 6, 2019 at 8:18 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved Save

I currently live in Las vegas and my wedding will be in Hawaii. What's the best way, once I get my dress, to store and travel with my wedding dress?? Any advice, links, referrals, etc is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

6 Comments

• F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    Depending on which airline you're using to fly (as well as the size of your dress) with you may be able to make your dress your carry-on item. FH and I are flying to Mexico for our DW and I will be putting my dress into my carry-on bag. You would need to check with the airlines to see what their wedding dress policy is.
  • Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Ok! Thanks

• Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki ·

Most airlines will allow you to bring your dress as well as your carry on just call customer service first! Put your dress in a dress bag and the flight attendant should keep in it the closet in first class as long as they have a first class which most airlines do!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Definitely call and check in with the airline you plan on taking because the closet isn't always the case. Sometimes you have to buy an actual seat for your dress, sometimes they'll lay it across the carry-ons in the overhead compartment. It depends on the airline, so you need to discuss the airline's policies with them before getting on the plane.

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Jasmine
    VIP August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness! Overhead compartment makes me nervous but i'll definitely keep that in mind when I call around. Thank you!

Comment on this discussion