We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Tori
Savvy July 2022

How to include my future sister in law in my wedding!!

Tori, on November 10, 2020 at 11:48 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 10
Saved Save
Hi! So I’ve already asked my bridesmaid to be my bridesmaids and made the video of me asking them public on social media. I have 2 younger sisters and 8 very close friends that I asked which is already A LOT of people, but I just found out that my future father in law called my fiancé and said that his sister should be a bridesmaid. Now mind you I love my future in laws and we all have a great relationship but I didn’t even think of asking her to be a bridesmaid because there were already 10 of them! Now my fiancé told him pretty much it’s not happening but I feel so bad and don’t want her to feel left out because we do have a great relationship so how do I include her without her feeling like she was a last thought??

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ty, on November 18, 2020 at 10:22 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    You could ask her to do a reading during the ceremony!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring Online ·
    • Flag
    Yes, I agree with previous poster, she could do a reading.
  • Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Sounds like you have plenty of bridesmaids, and asking her now after you publicly posted your proposals to the others, might have her feeling like an afterthought.

I like the option listed above on having her doing a reading! It's a sweet gesture and a personal touch.

• M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Find out if she even wants responsibilities. Some people would prefer to attend with no jobs at all. But she could get ready with you or be a personal assistant.
  • Dayna
    Expert September 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

She could also be an usher/greeter! Typically this is a "male" job but really, who cares. If she's friendly and outgoing then she might enjoy welcoming people to the ceremony and helping them find seats. This is how we included my brother-in-law since my sister and both of their kids are part of the bridal party and we wanted to make sure he did not feel excluded.

• Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with Michele. Ask her 1st if she wants any responsibilities in this. If she says yes than ask her if she wants to do a reading or something.
  • Tori
    Savvy July 2022
    Tori ·
    • Flag
    Thank you guys! You’re right I should definitely find out if she even wants a job or if it’s just her parents talking. I think i will have her do a reading if she does.
  • Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    You don't have to include her. Idk why people think they have to do that. Everyone does not have to be a bridesmaid because you guys are cool. She can get invited to other events.
  • Tori
    Savvy July 2022
    Tori ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You right lmaooo
  • Ty
    Devoted July 2021
    Ty ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was going to say this, do an usher/greeter and get her an ice dress that matches the color scheme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles