K
Devoted September 2019

How to designate bridesmaids dresses?

KT4ever, on March 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 3
Saved Save

4 out of my 6 bridesmaids are from out of town; 2 are here (including my MOH), so bridesmaid dress shopping will be online. I really want my bridesmaids to wear a mix/match neutral palette that is a mix of solid colors, floral, and sequins. I took into account the style and colors that would fit with their skin tone, as well as sizes available and sales/dresses marked down. All of the dresses I found are under $165 (both azazie and adrianna papell).

I created a "lookbook" of what the netrual, mix/match palette will look like, including the dresses I picked out. I'll leave an example here. The approach is my question: do i just leave the lookbook attached to the email and have the all choose? (what I'm scared is that two gals will prefer one dress or that it won't be a balance of solid colors & sequins). Or do I just contact each girl separately and give them the dress I had in mind for them?

Please share your thoughts! I'd appreciate any feedback you may have! Thanks!

Neutral Palette How to designate bridesmaids dresses? 1

3 Comments

• Anna
    Expert June 2019
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I would assign them specifically to make things easier. Keeping their budget in mind, as well as body type.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag

I did various dresses in the same color. I gave my girls the color and let them pick the ones they wanted where I put them in my azazie showroom. My only rule was that they all had to be different so it was a first pick situation. What you could do is pick the dresses in the colors you want and send them to the girls allowing each to pick the one they like best. OR if your ordering from azazie you could set up the showroom with the dresses you want and have them choose on there.

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

I had my girls communicate with each other in our facebook message regarding their dress selections to make sure no one got the same dress. All I wanted was the same color and length, though, so there was a lot more leeway for me.

Comment on this discussion