J
Savvy October 2009

How nice!!!!!!!

Jelisa, on August 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM Posted in Planning 0 22
Saved Save

Yesterday I was so upset with my job I was done! So I go home and my wonderful fiance reminded me that we needed to keep our jobs so we could pay for our wedding!

So this morning I didnt even want to come to work, but I did! It has been an okay day just slow, And then here came in this guy with flowers, I work with all girls so it could have been for any of us.

and then he walked up to me! so happy I never get flowers, and it did make my day better.

Thanks Josh!

22 Comments

• shalliwell
    VIP October 2009
    shalliwell ·
    • Flag

Well that is very nice of himtrying to mak eyou feel better! kee your chin up!

• L
    VIP August 2009
    lauren10 ·
    • Flag

Ah, I'm jealous. I have to force him to buy me flowers...and of course it doesn't have the same impact when it was your idea!! that's very sweet

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

Yes and those flowers will keep you smiling the rest of the week! What a sweetie!

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

How sweet! Your FH gets extra credit for being perceptive. :-) I hope you feel better.

• Mrs. Libragurl
    Master October 2010
    Mrs. Libragurl ·
    • Flag

That is really awesome...I will send you my fiance's email address so yours can talk to him and give pointers

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

Yeah, my fh is sweet and all, but flowers, only on our first date and not sence then..."sob". Oh wait, he got me a "flower weed" one day while we were walking down the road...does that count?

• Riyukku
    Super April 2012
    Riyukku ·
    • Flag

Lol, my FH sent me flowers once for Valetines day when we were long distance other than that my birthday was the first time since then he got me flowers. I think your FH needs to pass the word along girls love getting surprise flowers lol.

• Kristy Sowders
    January 2020
    Kristy Sowders ·
    • Flag

AWW that is so sweet.

• Teems
    Super October 2009
    Teems ·
    • Flag

Aww very sweet

hahah @ libragurl umm when I finally find a job our here I will make sure to put mine on that email list. lol

• S
    Super September 2010
    SCheecks ·
    • Flag

O how sweet! Aww!

• Cathasach
    VIP June 2010
    Cathasach ·
    • Flag

Aww. so sweet!

• J
    Savvy October 2009
    Jelisa ·
    • Flag

THANKS! This was the first time for him to send me flowers other then Valentines Day! So I was pretty HAPPY!

I hope all of you are having a great week too!

• Melissa
    Super September 2009
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

AWWWW thats so sweet... Smiley smile

• FMS, the barefoot wife!
    Master August 2010
    FMS, the barefoot wife! ·
    • Flag

FUNNY STORY!! My fh has never ever bought me flowers, EVER, so this past valentines day, my best friends mom calls and asks what time I work till, i told her 5 and she says, oh well, that not when a special delivery will be in town, and I just said okay then! So later that night (valentines day eve) My FH comes home with flowers! And i say to him.."what a brat!" and he goes "what" and I told him "stephanie, she bought me flowers and got you to pick them up!" and he goes "the flowers are from me" with a hurt look on his face..lol I FELT SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!! I then explained to him why I thought they were frommy best friend and told him REPEATADLY through out the night that they were beautiful and I loved him and he was the best Boyfriend EVER! I told my Best friend about, she had quite the laugh..Just thought y'all could use a giggle..this post reminded me of it!

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

Awww, I know exactly how you feel! I was in the process of switching jobs about 3yrs ago and in the last week of the job I was leaving, I had a meltdown at work. They were both 2 different hotels and it was very stressful dealing with both of them. I had to walk away from the front desk just to cry. The next day at my other job, along came a flower delivery with a note that read, 'I hope this day is better than yesterday'. It was a great feeling! Enjoy it and I hope work gets better.

• jpeterson
    Devoted July 2009
    jpeterson ·
    • Flag

How 'bout this... in 1995 when Charles & I were first dating, he bought me a single rose from a gas station one night when I was mad at him for something... I kept that rose..and gee am I ever glad I did! That was it... the next time I got flowers from him was in 2005 when he went out of town for a paintball trip, leaving me with two kids by myself on MOTHERS DAY Weekend! He knew I was mad, so when I got home from work on Friday he had left, but he had bought me a dozen roses and put them in the blender (because my vases were all packed away--completely unused)..and gave me a card that said "Happy Mothers Day from The Dog"... lol... So now, after knowing him for almost 15 years...I've gotten flowers twice...I'll give him credit though for the 5 years we werent together, so in our 10 year relationship, twice.

So, congrats on finding one that actually does things like that!

• J
    Savvy October 2009
    Jelisa ·
    • Flag

Since we have been engaged Josh has been so NICE, He helps me do dishes and make dinner, just stuff that he never helped me with before. Let me tell you it has been GREAT!

I hope he stays this way, I really Love seeing this side of him =)

• Mrs. Libragurl
    Master October 2010
    Mrs. Libragurl ·
    • Flag

Hmmm so we need to provide Josh with a listserve of email addresses....maybe he can draft a monthly newsletter for the rest of the men. He does dishes? Does he have a brother? I mean I love my fiance but we have to prioritize here......

• Riyukku
    Super April 2012
    Riyukku ·
    • Flag

Lol Libragurl!

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

Yeah, fh doesn't bring me flowers, but he does the dishes, the laundry, cooks, does the outside yard work, checks the fluids in the car, drives the kids to school and picks them up...he does so much for us. Flowers would be nice, but doing the dishes AND the laundry...oh yeah, that's better.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics