We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Niecy Sparkles
VIP August 2014

How much was your cake?!? Do u have pictures?

Niecy Sparkles, on October 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM Posted in Planning 0 82
Saved Save

I'm trying to budget. I have no idea how much cakes cost. I'm trying to decide between two caterers and the difference is about $1000 but one caterer includes the cake and one caterer doesn't. Wondering if I should pick the cheaper caterer and buy my own cake. Sooooooooooo HOW MUCH WAS YOUR CAKE!?! I'm only having 105 guests. Do u have pics?

82 Comments

• Mrs. Ross2013
    Super November 2013
    Mrs. Ross2013 ·
    • Flag

My cake is a 3 tier from Publix and its $403 including a $40 delivery charge.

• Belais
    VIP October 2013
    Belais ·
    • Flag

Mine is a 3 tier from a local bakery (they do wedding cakes all the time & book up months in advance on them). It and 1.5 dozen cupcakes cost me $301.

ETA: Mine will serve around 115 people and I'm in Eastern Ohio.

• Briggitte Dix
    May 2020
    Briggitte Dix ·
    • Flag

The prices from brides on the board are going to vary a lot depending on how many people they had and the details plus the area that they live in. The best way to find out how much a cake is going to cost would be to set up some appointments at local bakeries to see how much it will cost to have the cake you want made with delivery.

As a side note I would really advise against trying to deliver the cake yourself. That's always best left to the professionals who can fix any mistakes they make.

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

200 guests. 4 tier wedding cake. 10" customized grooms cake. Set up and delivery.

$440!!!!!

Super excited about this, because our baker has worked closely with Duff Goldman!

• sundaycupcake
    VIP October 2013
    sundaycupcake ·
    • Flag

I got a custom "fancy" cake with 3 tiers (two are dummy cakes) that serves 25 for $350 (incl delivery). The cake was important for us so we spent a little more.

There are cheaper options, but if you want the convenience of one caterer, I would go with the one that includes the cake, as long as it includes cake cutting and delivery.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Don't have a cake yet, but we decided against getting the cake from our caterer. We just really wanted the experience of having tastings, picking out the design, etc, that we wouldn't have with the standard cake from the caterer.

I think you could get a really nice cake for under $1000. Most of the bakers I've seen have been in the $7-12/slice range, but that is in NYC, so you should definitely be able to get something in the similar range or less in Orlando.

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

Omg. I thought my cake would cost wayyyyy more than that. Maybe around $800ish. Thank you everyone.

Briiggite. Thank you!

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

@sweetheart. Such a lovely cake!!

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

@sundaycupcake what are dummy cakes?

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

Ours is pretty expensive now that I see everyone else's :/ It's 4 tiers with buttercream frosting, each tier being a different flavor (does not affect &dollarSmiley winking and we're also having a sheet cake so we'll have cake for 250 people. It's around $825 with delivery. The pic is one they did that I based ours off of. We're adding some purple sugar flowers and purple ribbon instead of the cream but it'll be very similar. That was a good price compared to the rest of the ones we looked at in the area. The bakery we went with is a local favorite and they're the ones who won the last Cupcake Wars on the Food Network (if anyone watches that), Coccadott's.

• Mrs Drakthal
    Master September 2013
    Mrs Drakthal ·
    • Flag

Our cake was about $400 and designed to serve 185 people (we ordered extra on purpose)!!!! Go find my "back and married pics" there are pics of the cake there.

• M
    Dedicated April 2014
    Moxigrl54 ·
    • Flag

I decorate cakes as a side job and I did this small 8 inch cake for the bride and groom to cut and 175 cupcakes with toppers for $300, but it was for a family friend and I'm just starting out so I don't feel like I should charge as much as more experienced cake decorators.

You will definitely pay more depending on the area you live, I live in a very small town.

Also, just a little tip....most bakers charge more for square cakes because they are such a pain to ice!!

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

I'm paying $450 including setup and delivery for 3 tiers to serve 150.

• Julie
    Expert October 2013
    Julie ·
    • Flag

I'm having a friend who actually does this for a living do it. I'm being really picky though, we decided to have a nice cake so I was wiling to spend a little extra even though it's somoene I know that's doing it. I"m paying $450. She will deliver it, set it up and everything.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

Ours is 3 tiers and costs 750.

Should feed 130

• Tiffy
    VIP September 2013
    Tiffy ·
    • Flag

All together was $491...Groom cake && top cake for bride with cupcakes!!

• Tiffy
    VIP September 2013
    Tiffy ·
    • Flag

• Tiffy
    VIP September 2013
    Tiffy ·
    • Flag

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

Woowwww that's the kind of cake I want which is why I budgeted for @catherine. Love it!!

• Mrs. Castig
    Master September 2013
    Mrs. Castig ·
    • Flag

I paid $200 for my cake that feed 32 people and $135 for my 6inch round cake and 24 cup cakes.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles