kt
Dedicated November 2009

How much is everyone spending on their girls?

kt, on October 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

I know this question has come up a million times but I'm still at such a loss as to what to get my bridesmaids. I have a 35 year old sister, a sister-in-law (we don't have too much in common) and 4 friends. I've already gotton a compact mirror to put into a bag (if i can find an inexpensive, nice one) but I don't know what else to put in it! I can't seem to find anything that I think everyone will like...and at the same time I don't know what some of them will like at all. And I have no idea how much to spend. I saw a post about Christmas ornaments and I am thinking about that because I love, love, love Christmas but is November too early to hand out a personalized ornament along with some more stuff? Any suggestions!

24 Comments

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

November isn't too early because they'll have the ornament in time to hang on their Christmas tree! I don't think that's a problem. I was thinking that I'd get my girls their BM jewelry, Hair and make-up the day of the wedding. I figure that'll work out to about $100-$125 per BM or maybe a little more depending on hair. I don't think there is any set price tho. It just depends on what you can afford. Find out what your budget will allow and find stuff that fits in it!

• Traci&Bob
    Master February 2010
    Traci&Bob ·
    • Flag

Kt, go to this website, I just got the catelog in the mail today, JessicasWedding.com......the catelog is much better though, they have some awesome bags and inexpensive!!

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

I got each of my girls a necklace and ear ring set for about 14 bucks, and then went to the dollar spot at target and got soap & lotion and nail polish for them also. so alittle under 20 buckes each for my 6 girls.

www.weddingshop.theknot.com

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

I'm spending just $20-$30 per girl and our parents because I just don't have all that much. For our parents and sisters we are getting small pine trees they can plant and watch grow along with our marriage. For my two good friends I am getting the Christmas ornaments. No, I don't think November is too early for giving an ornament.

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Playboy ·
    • Flag

I am thinking of doing a spa day before my wedding. So I am going to pay for that and the girls jewlery. This way we can all relax and spend some time together.

• LuckyinLove
    Super December 2014
    LuckyinLove ·
    • Flag

I agree with Playboy. I want to have a spa day with my girls a few days before the wedding to de-stress ourselves. Lots of spas have specials for brides. Though, I like the idea of a personalized ornament and November is not too early. Most people put up their tree around Thanksgiving so that works out perfectly. I am also having my bridal party walk to Bon Jovi as a special tribute to my Matron of Honor because he is her favorite. It has been really hard to not tell her because I want it to be a surprise.

• Not-A-Bridezilla
    Master May 2010
    Not-A-Bridezilla ·
    • Flag

I am spending no more than $20 on each of my girls because 1) it's not in my budget to spend alot on them and 2) they haven't really done anything for my day so far so I don't feel obligated to give them a big thank you..... Sounds harsh but its true. I was thinking maybe jewelry set and/or beauty bags. Nothing's set in stone yet

• Traci&Bob
    Master February 2010
    Traci&Bob ·
    • Flag

Lol My girls are my daughter and fh's daughter...I bought both of them jewelry that is appropriate for their age already and I think I will take them to have their nails done, girls love that Smiley smile

• DawnDawn
    VIP March 2010
    DawnDawn ·
    • Flag

I've outfitted them - about $80 each for dress, shoes and chainmaile headband. I'm having a spa bachalorette party so I have traded to get our services for the evening.

• Amanda D.
    Super July 2010
    Amanda D. ·
    • Flag

I have gotten each of my girls a satin wristlet from Coach on sale at $29 each. I also told them I'll pay for their hair on the wedding day (I'm guessing about $30). So $60 total for each of my girls!

• MrsBraddock
    Devoted October 2009
    MrsBraddock ·
    • Flag

I got each girl an emergency kit with 17 things. and wrote on a list whats in it. (tampons,nail file, gum, eye makeup remover, lotion,condom,ponds makeup pads, mouthwash,brush/compact,sanitizer, chapstick,asprin, etc) FH thought that was so awesome.

Then I got 3 of the 4 girls bowls (sorry they smoke... and it made sense. to each their own) my MOH doesn't so I got her a BFF item anyways

I got my MOH a big vera bradley bad with a twilight book (her fav) and a flask engraved with her name,e-kit ($140-150 total for her)

"M" got an engraved flask, the bowl, the e-kit, a dave matthews hoodie (her fav) and a book on facebook (80-85 total)

"B" got an engraved flask, a giant piggy bank, a stuffed pig (addicted to pigs), a funny shirt with her name on it and the bowl and e-kit (70-75 total)

"J" got an engraved flask, scrubs and gift card to get more (new job, needs them), bowl and e-kit (75 total)

Plus I got mini green shakers (my colors) with nips in them (cont'd)

• MrsBraddock
    Devoted October 2009
    MrsBraddock ·
    • Flag

And wine/champegne/juice and all snacks for the day of. Wow the more I think about it, I should have just bought them pearl necklaces and called it a day and saved a ton of money. Whatever, its done- I wish I could have gotten my MOH more though, she helps me out so much.

• dai69
    VIP July 2011
    dai69 ·
    • Flag

I was a MOH last years and received a wonderful beach bag that was personalized with my initials on it.The bride also designed me a smaller summer bag. In it she placed a few trinkets that were personalized for me. She gave all of the girl in her wedding something similiar. What I liked about it was that the trinkets were things that related to each of us as an individuals. I would say she spent about $50 on each of us, there were 4.

We are still debating whether we will have a wedding party. Right now it is just our kids who are in the wedding. They will be easy to get for....19 & 12....cash is all they ever want! lol

• Mrs. Katie Rinker
    Expert October 2009
    Mrs. Katie Rinker ·
    • Flag

YOu should try www.bronners.com for personalized ornaments, they are beautiful & inexpensive!!! Hope this helps!! Happy Planning!!!

• Mrs. Katie Rinker
    Expert October 2009
    Mrs. Katie Rinker ·
    • Flag

Oh & i got my girls a necklace, bracelet, & earrings & had satin travel jewelry pouches w/ their initial monogrammed on them.. & I also gave them a fall ornament for the front doors of their home & the younger 2 i gave them forever in my heart lockets (sold at hallmark) so in total for each girl around $80

• I
    Super December 2010
    icart ·
    • Flag

So far got my girls cute neckless to go with there attire, making bracklets. an then picking up some fun things.. Love the idea of the e-kit an that is great.. Thank you for the advice Mrs Braddock.. My girls will love it. (well the 2 older ones) my MOH's not so much with the condom and tampons. but they can be spoild more.. for they are My girls. (IB)

• Irina Feygin
    March 2020
    Irina Feygin ·
    • Flag

You can get them gorgeous jewelry sets starting at $29.99, each gift-boxed and gift-bagged at www.forprincessbride.com. Or, a hair ornament. Or, if you want to spend a bit more, get them a handbag to go with the dress! Something "personal" to remember!

• FMS, the barefoot wife!
    Master August 2010
    FMS, the barefoot wife! ·
    • Flag

Well, thankfully, I only have 2 attandants, My MOH of 16 years, and my cousin who is 1 year younger than me and is like my little sister! I want to do about $100 each, but I'll most likely spend what ever I want..lol. My dad works overseas and said he would look at the price of anklets in Dubai, for my maids and FG's, and a ring for my FH..I was also considering buying them some really nice purses, but I think I will check Fabricland and I might make them instead. I was going to get them both mani and pedis, but one one likes mani's and the other only likes pedis. So we can do that a few days before the wedding. And I was also going to get them day of emergency kits

Master August 2010
    • Flag

AND i LIKE THE PERSONALIZED ORNAMENTS AND NOVEMBER IS NOT TOO EARLY!

Master August 2010
    • Flag

Opps caps lock!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics