FutureFuji
Devoted October 2017

How much did you spend on a florist?

FutureFuji, on August 26, 2016 at 6:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved Save

I know everyone's budget is different, just trying to get a rough estimate on how much people spend on this. Thanks!

25 Comments

• Celia Milton
    November 2019
    Celia Milton ·

Without knowing where you are or what you need, it's an impossible question.

in my area (nj/ny)

bride bouqet 100-300+

bm's 75-150

bouts 20

centerpieces 100-400 (overheads)

• FutureFuji
    Devoted October 2017
    FutureFuji ·

Ok, good to know. My wedding will be in Maine. I just need bouquets, boutonnières (spelling?), and a few other miscellaneous things for the ceremony and reception. Aisle runner, maybe some table runners.

• FutureFuji
    Devoted October 2017
    FutureFuji ·

@hol that sounds like a great price. Is it better to have the florist in the same town as your ceremony and reception? I have only looked in that town and do not have a ton of options. If you go a town over they must charge for travel? Looks like I have some more researching to do

• Linds
    Master March 2017
    Linds ·

We're getting

bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, 3 or 4 roses for my mom to carry

4 Bouts for: Groom, BM, FOG, FOB

2 Corsages: MOG, and grandmother

6 small - super small arrangements for the high top tables

3 small bunches of flowers for the cake

and decorating a pergola (2 side vases with curly willow, flowers and a large decoration for the top of the pergola

$1400 estimate from the florist.

• FutureMrs.Dyson
    Super December 2016
    FutureMrs.Dyson ·

$0. We only need flowers for centerpieces and we're buying those from wholesale place

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·

$1740 in NY (specifically Long Island):

13 centerpieces

floral arrangement for the sweetheart table

floral arrangement for the seating card table

3 bouquets (mine, MOH, throwaway)

4 bouts

1 corsage

flower petals for the aisle

setup, delivery, breakdown

ETA: this is going to increase b/c we increased out guest list to 17 tables but we haven't had a discussion yet w/ the florist.

• Alison
    Expert November 2016
    Alison ·

$1800 in Boston (including taxes and delivery/set-up fees) for:

1 Bridal bouquet

1 Larger MOH bouquet

5 bridesmaid bouquets

4 mini bouquets for moms

4 bouts for dads

7 bouts for FH/groomsmen

8 mini vases for cocktail hour

2 pedestals with large flower arrangements for ceremony

1 pumpkin with our monogram carved into it (...my little splurge haha. I had to!)

I had some sticker shock at this considering we are doing our own centerpieces and I always assumed that's there the real cost was, but many friends who got married in the Boston area spent $5k-ish including centerpieces, so I guess I'm doing pretty well on that regard haha.

• FutureFuji
    Devoted October 2017
    FutureFuji ·

@alison I live in Boston too! We decided for a Maine wedding for several reasons, but cost has definitely worked in our favor. Everything is so much more expensive in the city, but I'm sure your wedding will be amazing!

P.s. Love the pumpkin idea!

• Dolores Umbridge
    VIP June 2017
    Dolores Umbridge ·

Philadelphia

1 bridal bouquet

3 bridesmaids

2 coursages

9 boutinieres

3 pin ons for grandmothers

9 low centerpieces

9 high centerpieces

$2300-$2400

i'm also almost exclusively using blue dendrobium orchids, which are pretty expensive

I checked out 5 places all ranging from $2100-$8000 in prices.

• OurAdventureBegins
    VIP October 2016
    OurAdventureBegins ·

MIL is a florist so we are going to purchase flowers from Etsy and safeway and DIY.

Costs will be:

$270 for 25 bunches dried lavender from Etsy

$500 for mixed white blooms from Safeway

$25 permit to forage pine branches, pinecones, and stumps from forest service land

$50 for ribbon, floral tape, vases

I'm also taking 3 days off work before the wedding to put together:

1 Bride bouquet

6 BM bouquet

6 boutonnières

15 centerpieces

4 "alter" arrangements

We are going to have to put a lot af man hours into it and it is still costing around $1,000

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·

I am in Northern California. My quotes were all over the place! First place wanted $4,000. Second place wanted $6,000! Contacted my friends mother in law and she's charging me $2,700. Whew!

• FutureFuji
    Devoted October 2017
    FutureFuji ·

@alyssa I love orchids! Although pricey, that will look so good.

@ouradventurebegins you must be crafty! I couldn't imagine doing all of that

• hearts
    Devoted October 2015
    hearts ·

Look into a wholesale flower shop! That's what I did and it saved me soooo much money. I still had a florist who put together arrangements, but he did it at a wholesale price.

I spent around $900 (in Southern California):

Bride bouquet $60

6 Bridesmaids bouquet $270

1 Boutonniere $8

1 garland with flowers and 10-15 (I can't remember the exact number) centerpieces $560

• Amanda
    VIP October 2016
    Amanda ·

I spent $850. My bouquet is front page magazine inspired (in other words I went way overboard on it) so it's $175 by itself. 4 bm bouquets, flower girl, 2 mother corsages- pearl bracelet type- , 6 boutineers, 8 table centerpieces, & wedding arch greenery & lace. Bridesmaid & flower girls are actually lanterns with glass taken out and flowers overflowing. I'm in Knoxville tn & we tend to be cheaper on everything than other parts of the country

• L
    Dedicated March 2017
    Lauren ·

10 center pieces

1 bridal bouquet

1 small bouquet

4 bouts

2 corsages

Petals (those these were free as thanks for "letting that church open for more then just funerals"

• Michele
    Expert November 2016
    Michele ·

My florals are right over $1000 in Florida but I'm just getting my bouquet, 2 BM's bouquets, and 4 bouts. I am however using more expensive flowers I think... Peonies and garden roses.

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·

I purchased silks off etsy and spent about $550 for hydrangeas, roses and Calla lilies.

I got six bouts for the guys, a flower girl basket, two alter sprays, six bridesmaid bouquets and two mother's corsages and bride's bouquet and six centerpieces for the reception tables. I'm in California.

• VeganWifey
    Super September 2016
    VeganWifey ·

$1,000 for babies breath almost everything :-/

• Lisa
    Super October 2017
    Lisa ·

$300 for ours.

• KristenBeez
    Master August 2016
    KristenBeez ·

I won a 10% off coupon at a bridal show, but it came out to just under $900 for 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet, 1 bouquet to toss, and some boutonnières/corsages and an arrangement for the ceremonial archway. This is for San Diego, CA.

Comment on this discussion