C
Dedicated July 2019

How much dessert??

Caitlin, on March 2, 2019 at 5:04 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 5
Saved Save

For our dessert, we are offering two different options. Instead of having a large cake, will have a small, two-tier cake for the sake of cutting and will have cupcakes in multiple flavors. FH does not like cake, so as a surprise dessert option for him, we also are having milkshakes catered! We are still unsure whether we will have to pre-order X amount of milkshakes or if the vendor will be able to bring a milkshake machines and make them as guests requests them.

With that in mind, I'm really struggling with how many cupcakes and milkshakes to order? If you've had cupcakes, how many of your guests actually ate them? We invited 240 people.

5 Comments

• Megan
    Devoted May 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I am considering cupcakes as well instead of cake for my guests, along with a desert table. I love your idea of milkshakes! I thought before I read on here some people recommend like 2 cupcakes per person. Kinda seems like alot but I could see where it might be hard to only pick one cupcake if there are multiple delicious flavors!
  • Brittany
    Savvy August 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I plan to do cupcakes and an ice cream bar ! Love the Milkshake Idea!!

that's tough deciding on how many cupcakes!

• C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    WOW! I feel like that is a LOT of cupcakes! I was considering doing a little over half the amount of guests for cupcakes because we have two dessert options but I guess I’d rather have extra cupcakes than not enough.

I am really struggling with picking flavors right now too- especially the chocolate flavors!
  • Disneybride
    Dedicated April 2021
    Disneybride ·
    • Flag
    I say 2 cupcakes per guest
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We planned for 175 people, so we are budgeting $1,000 for cupcakes.

Comment on this discussion