Rebecca
Super December 2013

How many weddings have you been to?

Rebecca, on October 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 50

I always got shocked looks when I said I'd never been to a wedding (I have now been to 1!). It also makes planning difficult because I have almost no comparisons on how things can be done. So how many have you been to, and do you think it has helped you with your own?

I always got shocked looks when I said I'd never been to a wedding (I have now been to 1!). It also makes planning difficult because I have almost no comparisons on how things can be done. So how many have you been to, and do you think it has helped you with your own?

50 Comments

• Nicole Lynn
    Expert September 2013
    Nicole Lynn ·

I've been to probably somewhere around 20ish maybe... This year alone we have gone to 5, including ours - invited to 7.. Im definately at the age where all of my friends are getting married.. its a tough stretch, expensive and all of these are back home, about 8 hours of traveling each way. And yes, it definately helped me while planning mine! At each wedding you will see things you love and hate and that helps you with yours for sure

Just noticed your date - I went to a new years wedding last year and it was one of my favorites! So much fun!!!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·

Too many to keep track of. I've been in 6, but I've attended quite a few more than that as a guest. Some were better than others, but none were total trainwrecks.

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·

I can't keep track. The summer of 2006 I went to TWELVE weddings alone, and it was something else, I tell ya! My extended family is pretty big and off the top of my head, I would estimate that I've been to 35+ weddings.

And while none of them helped me to directly plan for our wedding, I did take away a few tips of what NOT to do/what I didn't want at my own wedding.

• Rebecca
    Super December 2013
    Rebecca ·

Wow 12 in one summer! Crazy!

For New Years Eve we're still deciding what to do. But some of our thoughts are:

Slade's Here's to the New Year

Toast

Smash the gingerbread (my family always makes an elaborate gingerbread creation for Xmas, this year they want to have it at my wedding)

The problem is that the church doesn't do evening weddings, so the latest I could have the ceremony is 3pm. Then the reception starts at 6pm, so I don't know how many people will stay the whole time and make it to midnight.

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·

Probably about 15. I've been in 6 as a BM.

• Mz Essential
    Savvy September 2015
    Mz Essential ·

So many i cant count but i take away from each one likes and dislikes

• Hilery
    VIP November 2014
    Hilery ·

I have been to SO many weddings!

And I've taken them all into consideration during my planning. What to do, what not to do, what works, what doesn't, which family members and friends to watch out for as far as drinking goes, who's going to cause issues, what I've seen too much of etc.

It has really helped.

• Holly O'Neill
    October 2019
    Holly O'Neill ·

My mother is the owner of Apple Blossom Chapel and Gardens, and since we opened almost 7 years ago...I have helped work over 200 weddings. If you are wanting to see more weddings, maybe you can get a part time job for a wedding venue. I will warn you though, not all weddings are traditional...some can be really interesting.

• Crawline
    Expert September 2013
    Crawline ·

Oh jeez, I couldn't count. I've been to A LOT of weddings. Only a few for family, though (cousins, hubby's brother). WE have two to go to next weekend. Hubby is a groomsman on Friday and then is brother is getting married Saturday. It's going to be a crazy weekend!

I took away good and bad things from each wedding. Now that wedding planning is over, I can just go and enjoy!

• Thankfully Anonymous
    Super February 2014
    Thankfully Anonymous ·

Been in 4, been to 7.

Comment on this discussion