Rebecca
Super December 2013

How many weddings have you been to?

Rebecca, on October 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 50
Saved Save

I always got shocked looks when I said I'd never been to a wedding (I have now been to 1!). It also makes planning difficult because I have almost no comparisons on how things can be done. So how many have you been to, and do you think it has helped you with your own?

50 Comments

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·

I have only been to about 5. It hasn't really helped me all that much with my own.

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·

I went to my first one in 2008 and then didn't go to another until 2011 and have been to 3 more since...so I've only been to 5!

And I would say it has helped me with my own but not too much. Just enough to know how I want to lay out the reception, etc.

• The Mrs R
    Master May 2014
    The Mrs R ·

I have been to 3. Well 3 that I was old enough to remember anyway. And I'm in 2 this fall so I'll have 5 under my belt that I'll remember well enough before my big day. I definitely think they've helped with my planning. I mentally keep track of things I liked and didn't like everytime I go to one.

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·

I'd been to 2 weddings before mine, and I was 11 and 12 when they happened. Being on here and seeing what other people do at their weddings was way more helpful. Although, I just realized, we had an outdoor wedding, and so were the 2 I've been to. I've actually never been to a religious wedding..

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·

Ten that I can think of but there may be a few more that I am forgetting!

• Carly
    Super November 2014
    Carly ·

10+. I come from a really big family haha.

• mscountry
    Master July 2014
    mscountry ·

I have only been to one.

• Rebecca
    Super December 2013
    Rebecca ·

I definitely don't have a small family, just super super spread out. The ones that are married were either far away, or at the wrong time, or aren't close with my branch of the family.

• Staci
    VIP July 2014
    Staci ·

I have only been to one, and it was terrible. My family hasn't had a traditional marriage in over 20 years. The best things that I have been doing right now is reading forums here on WW, looking up stuff on youtube, and using pinterest.

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·

I used to work for a catering hall, so I guess technically I've gone to thousands haha.

As a guest, I think probably at least eight. Maybe more.

• Danielle
    VIP October 2015
    Danielle ·

Oh and working in the catering hall was the best help for me. Because I witnessed so many things that bored guests that I would never do because of that. I've seen some ugly as sin centerpieces and decorations. Extremely tacky weddings. But I also saw gorgeous, elegant weddings that inspired the look that I'm going for now.

• Mrs.L
    Master October 2011
    Mrs.L ·

As an adult I have been to 5 and as a child about another 5....

• JustMarried'14
    Master September 2014
    JustMarried'14 ·

I can't count on both hands and toes how many wedding I have been to in my lifetime....my family put on 5 in our back yards alone....like 27 weddings I think. I have a HUGE family and so does FH....It makes it very hard to plan something "Unique" when you have seen it all done so many times before.

• Laura
    VIP April 2014
    Laura ·

Including my own..3.

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·

6. But one of those I was only 2 years old lol. And apparently I didn't get off the dance floor all night. I hear the story often from my mom.

• Jennifer
    VIP November 2013
    Jennifer ·

I think I've been to about 10-12 weddings. Learned quickly how expensive weddings are. I got to see things I really liked about different weddings, and things that didn't really work ori wasn't crazy about which has helped in the long run.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·

About a gazillion. but i am older so have had more opportunities. also at one time it was very common for entire families to attend weddings. gawd the havoc we wreaked!

• Ned. G (The one in Wales)
    Expert October 2013
    Ned. G (The one in Wales) ·

Lots

I've been in 12 (in some way or another) then many more as just a guest.

I go to a lot of weddings

I also worked a few as well

• KellyT
    Master August 2014
    KellyT ·

I've been to 6 but none of them really helped me too much except to maybe figure out what I didn't want.

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·

I'm thinking four... three in the last 4-5 years. One when I was 8 and the flower girl. I wish I had a pic because those dresses were hideous.

Comment on this discussion