Connie
Beginner April 2020

How many people went dress shopping with you

Connie, on April 19, 2019 at 7:16 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved Save
Hello!

So I will be having 8 bridesmaids total which is already a lot of people. (2 of them are my sisters) I definitely want my mother and my mother in law to be there as well as my two sisters. As much as I would love all of my bridesmaids to be there I think that’s just way too many people and it could get a bit hectic .
Any advise ? Am I wrong for only considering our moms and my two sisters ? Should I invite all bridesmaids and hope some don’t make it? Lol I hope this doesn’t sound bad

26 Comments

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·

I only had one person go with me when I went. It was one of my bridesmaids.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·

Sorry posted before I was done. I don't think it's wrong for you to not invite your bridesmaids. Family is just fine. I would have taken my mother but she lives in a different state.

• Connie
    Beginner April 2020
    Connie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you 😊 all my friends and family are in atl ( I just recently moved to Dallas) so I’ll be flying to atl to dress shop!
  • Kyrie
    Savvy August 2020
    Kyrie ·
    I had my mom and dad with me.
  • Katie
    Devoted July 2020
    Katie ·
    I've been wondering the same thing, I don't want to go with a group of women and then not like a y of the dresses and have it be a waste of a trip!

I decided that since David's Bridal is having a $99 clearance sale for April, I'm going to go with just my sister this a Monday and try out ONLY dresses off the rack that are on sale. I figure best case scenerio, I find a cheap dress I love. Worst case, I'll get an idea of what I look good in and can return with my mom's, sister & MOH at a later date.
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    It does get crowded if you have a big grouo and you'll hear so many opinions. If you want them all there, then have them all there, but don't let anyone sway you away from your dream dress. Remember the only one who really has to love your dress is you! I personally went with my mother, mother-in-law and had my sister on Skype. I got my dress at David's though, and it was so crowded there's no way I'd have been able to have a big group.
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    Make sure you check the policy of the bridal shop. Some of them have a max limit of how many people are able to be there.

I had my mom only the 1st time and my mom, FMIL, MOH, and 1 bridesmaid (the other 2 live out of state) the 2nd time which is actually when I found the dress.
  • Kelsey
    Savvy August 2019
    Kelsey ·
    I just brought my mom and my maid of honor. It helped that they had very different viewpoints and both wanted to help me find what was right for me. I would have been really overwhelmed with a larger group.
  • Kelsey
    Super September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    I went with my mom and aunt. I personally didn't want a big group of people. I wanted my opinion to be heard, I guess is the best way to say it.
  • Alyssa
    Savvy December 2019
    Alyssa ·

The first time I went I had my mom, little sister, and MOH. It was perfect. I didn't find a dress that I adored but I really got to know what looked good on me.

The second time I went and actually bought my dress I had my mom, little sister, and grandma. It was awesome. My MOH wasn't able to be there that day, but she did come with me to the "inspection" appointment once my dress came in.

Here's just an idea for you. You will have multiple other appointments. Between when you pick up or "inspect" your dress when it first comes in (I got to try mine on to make sure it was good) and multiple fittings. If you feel like it is important to include them in the process, break them up into groups of twos or threes and have them go to the different appointments with you.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar August 2020
    Jasmine ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh that should be fun! Good luck!

• Brittany
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittany ·
    My mom and dad. That’s it. And I’m glad that was it. Just the opinions of the two people who know and love me most. It made it the easiest, most chill trip ever. I work in a bridal store and see girls get overshadowed by their larger parties a lot. It becomes less about the bride and more about the group and what each person thinks.
  • Jessica
    Expert October 2019
    Jessica ·
    I had only two, my mom and aunt. I honestly think a smaller group is better (and most boutiques suggest it as well). Too many opinions might make you second guess something you really love.
  • Brianna
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Brianna ·
    Im in a somewhat same scenerio except 6 out of 7 of my bridesmaids are sisters, 3 from me and 3 from FH lol then add in the 2 mothers. So what im doing is making an appointment for when its good for me and whoever can make it, great and whoever cant oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️ at first i wasnt inviting anyone because the amount of people but then i figured id do that so it gives them a chance.
  • Julie
    Devoted October 2020
    Julie ·
    I took 1-3 people with me each time. Mom, Sister, and MOH.... just remember that the more people you bring, the more opinions you have, which may not be a positive experience if you love a dress that someone else doesn't like due to personal taste.
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    I took my mom, fmil, fh's aunt and my moh!
  • Dedicated October 2020
    ·
    I would just bring family, but recently I’ve gone by myself as well. A lot of opinions can be very overwhelming and hard for any bride
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith Online ·
    I went myself, and narrowed it down to 3 dresses. Then went back with Mom and FI, 15 minutes to find we all liked one best. Lots of things I love about my BMs and MOH. But I know we have completely different taste in any but sports clothing. And their visions for a wedding "look" for me totally different from what I wanted for myself. So why shop with a bunch of people trying to rework your dress style against what you want? And why invite them, if you intend to completely disregard what they say?
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    1-3 people is ideal. No more than 4 though cuz it just gets to be too loud with other people’s opinions!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    I will say I mostly shopped by myself and ultimately found the gown myself. After I bought it I brought my mom to the shop to have the “say yes the to dress” moment.

Comment on this discussion