MzRosaLu
Master July 2016

How many dresses did you try on?

MzRosaLu, on April 18, 2015 at 8:43 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 64
Saved Save

Just curious how many dresses you tried on before you found "the one." I thought I would have a pretty easy time finding a dress, because I've done so much research ahead of time and narrowed down the features I want. But I've already tried on 10 dresses in 2 different stores and don't feel like I've found it. What was your experience like?

64 Comments

• Ms. P to Mrs. P
    VIP July 2015
    Ms. P to Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

I had originally hoped that I would try on the first dress and it would be "the one". That didn't happen. In the end, I think I tried on about 6.

• M
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

It was the second one I tried on! I actually didn't even pick it. All in all I think I tried on 8 at two different stores, and went back to the first for the second dress. I am a VERY quick decision maker though.

• R
    VIP September 2015
    Rosie9615 ·
    • Flag

I probably tried on around 15. Keep searching, but try not to get "overshopped." I'd recommend taking pics if they allow it so you can look back at them again.

• Sophia
    Super September 2015
    Sophia ·
    • Flag

Around 15

• P
    VIP May 2015
    Private ·
    • Flag

I tried on over 30 dresses but I had a limited dress budget. If i allowed myself with a bigger budget, it would probably be a lot quicker and involved less dresses.

• Angie
    VIP August 2015
    Angie ·
    • Flag

I tried on around 7 before choosing mine.

• GeekyBride
    VIP September 2015
    GeekyBride ·
    • Flag

My dress was the 4th one.

• Joy
    Super August 2015
    Joy ·
    • Flag

I tried on 16 dreses, but I chose the first one I tried on.

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

@Care Bear I feel the same way. If only I had a bigger budget...and a perfect body...lol

• Jillian
    Master May 2015
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

I ended up getting one of the first dresses I tried on at a small dress shop at the first location. I went to two David's bridal, Alfred Angelo, and 2 other local dress shops before going back to the first shop and getting the dress I loved from the start

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

I probably tried on around 20 dresses before "the" dress. I'd gone to 4 shops.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

About 15-18 at 3 stores.?

• J
    Dedicated March 2016
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

19 dresses in 3 stores total. I had more in the dressing room to try on but decided to stop so I didn't confuse myself once I found the one I didn't want to take off Smiley smile

• Lennox
    Super May 2015
    Lennox ·
    • Flag

I went to four stores (one store twice) and tried on about 5-9 dresses in each store. I found a dress I loved at the first store but kept looking under due to some peer pressure (Plus I will never admit it to them but I did feel that dress was more suited for a winter wedding). Then I found an even better dress at the last stop!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

I didn't keep count but probably around a dozen total at 3 different stores.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

About 12-15 in 2 stores.

• Venusian
    Devoted September 2015
    Venusian ·
    • Flag

Only one. Found the one I liked online and bought it!

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

Five. I went to the store to try on the one I purchased and chose four other dresses that were gorgeous to try on before I tried 'the one'.

• S&R
    Super September 2015
    S&R ·
    • Flag

The dress I ended up buying was the 3rd dress I tried on but I wasn't ready to commit yet so I ended up trying on about 70 I would say before I went back and got my dress.

• S&P
    Super October 2016
    S&P ·
    • Flag

8 dresses, two different stores. My dress was the 6th one.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics