southerngirl
Super December 2009

How Many DC Area Brides Do We Have Out Here Now?

southerngirl, on October 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 53
Saved Save

I know Laura K has been married for a few months and both CelticChick and Weliz just got married the past few weeks. Who else is from this area or getting married in this area?

53 Comments

• Laura
    Master May 2009
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Ya know it does seem that there are more and more DC area brides coming on here....so I know you girls are out there!

• wonderful moment
    Master March 2010
    wonderful moment ·
    • Flag

I am from this area. And can't wait. Will be getting marry in MD but live in VA.

• F
    Dedicated July 2010
    Florida ·
    • Flag

Me and my FH both born and raised int he DMV but living in Richmond, VA. We have chosen to get married at home in the DMV where most of our friends and family are.

• Laura
    Master May 2009
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Oh no kidding wonderfulmoment, I'm in Herndon!

Melissa on here got married in Greenbelt MD too!

• wonderful moment
    Master March 2010
    wonderful moment ·
    • Flag

Martins Crosswind is a nice place. I am in Alexandria for now and hopefully after the wedding move back to MD side.

• Laura
    Master May 2009
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I don't blame you, Alexandria is nice but such a high cost of living! That's what I hate about living here most

• wonderful moment
    Master March 2010
    wonderful moment ·
    • Flag

Not only that it is too many people that is always in a rush and rude. And is it just me but it seems like they keep building more apts and stuffing a lot of people here. The traffic is already a mess. I need some space and have my own yard. I was spolied growing up living in Bowie with a peace of mind and space (lol).

• Laura
    Master May 2009
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Ugh yes!!! It's the most unfriendly place to live and traffic times run your life! I grew up way out in the woods myself so it's hard for me being stuck in this concrete world!

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

That's all part of why I live down in Burke. LOTS of great big trees but still a reasonable distance to work in HERNDON (straight up the Fairfax Co Pkwy), the Metro or VRE, the freeways, etc. So glad I don't have to commute all the way to DC though--it would be awful far.

• Not-A-Bridezilla
    Master May 2010
    Not-A-Bridezilla ·
    • Flag

I live in Germantown, MD (near Gaithersburg) when I'm not in Towson for school.... we're having our wedding in Ijamsville, MD (near Frederick).

• noel
    Devoted May 2010
    noel ·
    • Flag

LOL...DC bride here too. Well I'm not in DC right now, but I'll be moving there end of Feb./early March. FH lives in Alexandria, but is originally from Gaithersburg/Rockville area. Wedding is in Upper Marlboro, MD.

I love that there are so many DC area brides here. Be prepared to help me out with info on the best stores and locations for decoration and stuff...Smiley laugh

• kt
    Dedicated November 2009
    kt ·
    • Flag

I live and am getting married in Northern Virginia-Chantilly !

Laura- I work in Herndon!

• yadayada
    Master October 2009
    yadayada ·
    • Flag

Hey ladies!!! I live in DC and work in Northern Virginia. My fiance and I are both originally from Florida though and our families live there so we are getting married there.... in less than a week... (eeee!)

• yadayada
    Master October 2009
    yadayada ·
    • Flag

By the way, LOL @ pp who says people are always in a rush around here. I totally agree, except that when I go to NYC and come back DC feels like rural farmland in comparison!! haha

• DreamComeTrue
    Master June 2011
    DreamComeTrue ·
    • Flag

@ Noel i had no idea you were moving to the dc metro area!

Im from ny but have lived in md for the last 12 years. 10 in bmore 2 in silver spring. Were having a destination wedding in the DR.

• Tamara
    Dedicated November 2009
    Tamara ·
    • Flag

I am from Alexandria VA...lived in Laurel and we are getting married in Towson, MD.

• AlyM
    Dedicated July 2011
    AlyM ·
    • Flag

I'm in the Baltimore area

• dportloc
    Devoted July 2010
    dportloc ·
    • Flag

Me, me, me! We live in Rockville/Bethesda and I work in Fairfax VA Smiley smile Our wedding will be in Bristow VA (off 66)

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

Hi everyone! I'm in Laurel MD, used to live in Lake Ridge, VA, among other places. ;-) I know there are a some other DC metro area brides out there -- has anyone seen Teems lately?

• southerngirl
    Super December 2009
    southerngirl ·
    • Flag

Yes, there is a big DC crew now!!

Comment on this discussion