heidi
VIP October 2014

How is everyone doing on thank you cards?

heidi, on November 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

I finished writing up thank you cards today. There's one that still needs an address. And there's a few we are planning on handing out instead of mailing. But they are written up and in envelopes. It feels so good to have them done and out of the way! Definitely do them sooner, rather than later.

16 Comments

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

Nicely done Heidi! I am not looking forward to all the thank you note writing and hand cramps Smiley winking

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Hand cramps are not fun. Definitely helps to do them in batches and give yourself breaks. I had originally planning doing them all in one day. And it ended up getting split up over multiple days. I'm just glad they are done. I didn't want that final to-do hanging over me.

• Sarahdell
    Master October 2014
    Sarahdell ·
    • Flag

DH and I took a two week honeymoon right after the wedding and still got ours out before our "one month anniversary" Smiley smile

We had a huge guest list too - we served 380. We wrote about 250 Thank Yous.

It was quite the job but I feel so good to have them done - DH and I both wrote a note in each one and we've had a lot of compliments for that.

There was a bit of an incentive - I told DH that we couldn't deposit the checks until the Thank Yous were out! LOL

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

Nice incentive! We didn't have anywhere near that many thank yous ... only about 40.

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

I had about 45. All done up to now except one. It feels great!

• Lauren
    Super October 2014
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

We are nearly done! We have about 12 left to write out of around 60 or so thank yous. We'll have them all done before our first month anniversary on Tuesday.

• Tru Lowes
    Expert April 2015
    Tru Lowes ·
    • Flag

Did you match your thank you cards to your invites? I haven't ordered my thank you cards, but I was playing with the idea of having them different to the invites... you know?

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Done! Got them out 20 days after the wedding. One day short of three weeks. I was hoping for one week upon returning from our HM, but I was five days late from that goal.

I have to write one this week for a late gift from Indonesia.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

@Tru Lowes, we went cheap on the thank you cards. Went to the store and got a pack of 25 for less than $3. Way cheaper than doing special looking ones. We figured, it's what's on the inside that matters. Smiley smile

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

I will be starting mine tonight and will do a few each evening. I'm hoping to have them all done by the end of the week.

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·
    • Flag

We have written thank you notes for the gifts we have already received (our wedding is Sunday). Hoping to get them out within a month after we get back from the honeymoon though, hopefully that will still happen with the holidays soon after we get back, finishing unpacking and job interviews/starting a new job around that time.

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

I actually just ordered mine (yikes) because I wanted a photo on them. They should be here by the end of the week and should only take a few hours, so I'll be right at the one month mark.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

I thought of waiting for pictures, but there's no telling when the photographer will be done with them, and I just wanted to get them out.

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·
    • Flag

Just finished mine last night. Don't judge me.

• heidi
    VIP October 2014
    heidi ·
    • Flag

No judging here! Yay, for finishing!

• Munashi
    Super October 2014
    Munashi ·
    • Flag

I had them all out a month after the wedding. But we didn't honeymoon (yet) and only had 60 guests. Plus our photographer had our pics back to us in two weeks!

Comment on this discussion