Spartan Couple
Dedicated May 2014

How I popped the question to my bridesmaids.... (PICS)

Spartan Couple, on July 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 25
Saved Save

Here's how I "popped" the question to my bridesmaids. Everything in the box has something to do with "popped" (popcorn, ring pops, champagne, poptarts, bubbles, balloons, etc etc)

How do you guys ask your bridesmaids?

25 Comments

• Shaquaya
    VIP April 2014
    Shaquaya ·

Aww those are so cute!!!!

• jenna_
    Master March 2015
    jenna_ ·

That's so cute! how many bridesmaids are you having?

i called mine. lol. well. i'm only having a MOH and one brides... man? lol.

i recently moved from oregon to texas a few months ago, so both of them still live back in oregon. but they were both really excited and touched that i asked them to be a part of our day.

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·

Aww that's really cute! I made boxes too, with a small bottle of champagne, a MOH / BM shirt, a ring pop, a magnet with a picture of us together, and a note.

P.S. We're date twins!

• dpierce
    Dedicated November 2013
    dpierce ·

That is so cute...

• hillaryj9891
    Dedicated October 2014
    hillaryj9891 ·

This is really cute! I've been trying to come up with some cute ways to ask my BM and MOH and this is right on it! I also really like the ring pop idea @allyson

• Brianna
    Super July 2014
    Brianna ·

That is so cute!

• Mrs. A. Fernandez
    Master August 2014
    Mrs. A. Fernandez ·

That is really unique, I love it!!

• Spartan Couple
    Dedicated May 2014
    Spartan Couple ·

Thanks guys! @allyson... cute idea as well! Less than 11 months for us! And jenna_, I'm having 4 girls stand up with me!

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·

I just did ring pops with a similar note, someone get those pics on Pinterest!

• MistysoontobeBell
    Master October 2013
    MistysoontobeBell ·

I got some cupcake boxes at a craft store. I filled them with that string paper and a bow on top. Then I got them cute cards. We were having a girls night out and I brought the gifts. Here is a pics for my BM with there ring pops on! you can see the box in the background on the table.

• ToBe❤Mrs.Lopez
    Super October 2015
    ToBe❤Mrs.Lopez ·

I love it. It is supper cute and tasty.

• HeWasHeavenSent
    Super September 2013
    HeWasHeavenSent ·

That's really cute!

I asked each one in a different way.

My MOH (my sis): I wrote her a long letter about how I've always admired her & looked up to her. I wanted her to wear a gold dress, so I bought a little yellow baby dress and told her that's the closest thing I could find so far...but keep the dress because I might need it in a couple of years.

I took one BM out to dinner and wrote her a beautiful note in a card asking her if she minded sharing her birthday with me for the rest of our lives.

My OOT BM: I sent a 30 piece puzzle with our pictures on it and a message asking her to be my BM.

For my last BM: we were out to dinner with a group of friends because we had all just relocated to a new city. I wanted to toast to new beginnings, and I asked her to celebrate one more new beginning with me and my FH.

This was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning!!! ;-)

• Latrice
    Devoted October 2013
    Latrice ·

Awe cute. I can't post a pic from my phone but I did ring pops in a cupcake box with filler paper and a sign that said be my bridesmaids? I did it when we were dress shopping

• Sarah
    Super September 2014
    Sarah ·

Those are so cute!!

I was a lame-o and didn't actually know you were supposed to ask them? I'd always talked about my sisters and my best friend being my bridesmaids so I just figured they knew - like I wouldn't ask my mom to be mother of the bride... One sister and my friend knew and it wasn't a problem. But I guess the other sister called my mom and was upset because she thought I didn't want her in my bridal party because I hadn't asked. So I just called and was like "oh, yeah of course you're a bridesmaid. Sorry, I thought you knew."

But now that I've seen these cute ways to ask on here and Pinterest I'm sad I didn't do something better. I'll just have to get them awesome bridesmaids gifts for the wedding

• FutureMrsL
    Master July 2014
    FutureMrsL ·

So cute! I haven't asked mine yet, but I made these little books. The main part of it has a word search filled with all wedding words, and once you find them all, what's left says, "Will you be my bridesmaid?" It took multiple tries and a lot of time to do that lol. I then wrote them each a nice message and included some pictures. It took a really long time lol.

• Mrs
    Expert August 2013
    Mrs ·

Love it!

• Christina
    Devoted May 2018
    Christina ·

That is so awesome!! Just like Sarah I didn't know you were supposed to ask them. Recently engaged Christmas of 2012 but very close with my FH family. We have been together for 4 years this august and we have a baby girl that is 2 so there has always been talk with the family about who was gonna do what at our wedding.

Now that I know I will definitely think about some cute way to officially ask them.

• SoontobeMRS.H
    VIP June 2014
    SoontobeMRS.H ·

Yes, I will They are awesome...all my bridesmaids got from me was a text!!!

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·

Sarah you are not a lame O or maybe we both are.... All three of mine I was like you know you are a BM right? They all were very excited lol. I didn't do anything else though would love to be some of you guys BM

• Laura
    VIP April 2014
    Laura ·

That's so cute! I made little kits for my girls with makeup bags from Michaels filled with nail file, compact mirror, chapstick, tissues, heart shaped lollipop, and a planner with the date marked on it with a handmade card personalized for each girl. My flowergirl, who is 7 months old, got a tutu, a pink onesie, cute headbands, and a ziploc of fake petals as a joke for practice.

Comment on this discussion