Breanna
VIP June 2015

How did this happen?! Rant

Breanna, on April 15, 2015 at 10:37 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

One of my BMs is pregnant and will have to buy a dress closer to the wedding after she has her baby. Other BMs were told to buy their dresses whenever they could. Now I'm finding out that no one has bought a dress and we're all planning on shopping with the pregnant BM and I! We're shopping two weeks before, as a last minute emergency for her. I had thought it was understood that that was only because she's pregnant! I find it very hard to believe that we're going to find dresses for all my girls in one day TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING. They're all very different sizes and some hard to find sizes. Ugh. Whatever. This is dumb.

9 Comments

• Kati
    Devoted May 2015
    Kati ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry this is happening!Where are you getting your BM dresses from? They may be able to do a rush order if needed. I would call before hand and see what the typical turn-around time is.

• DNA
    VIP October 2015
    DNA ·
    • Flag

Try not to stress about it too much - they will probably be able to find something. Be flexible with the choices.

• Breanna
    VIP June 2015
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

I've already been super flexible, they've had 8 months to buy something knee length and lavender. My sister/MOH got hers six months ago and I THOUGHT the other girls did too.

• Kemmie
    VIP May 2015
    Kemmie ·
    • Flag

Tell them to get on in now?

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2016
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

That is ridiculous. This is why I think its easier to schedule dress shopping trips. I know that some people see them as ridiculous because people are capable of finding their own dresses, but when you are very hands off then people just don't get shit done. I'm sorry this is happening. I hope you find something!

• Brianna
    Expert May 2016
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

OMG that sucks Smiley sad I'm sure they're trying to make her feel like she's a part of things but it still isn't very good logic to shop only 2 weeks before.

• Kendra
    Super May 2015
    Kendra ·
    • Flag

4 of my 5 bridesmaids got their dresses within an hour of the time they started trying dresses on. The 5th found one in her size in a style she liked but had to order for the right color. It took about 2 weeks to come in. That would be cutting it too close for your wedding. I'm sure they'll all be able to find something. Just be open to going to different stores.

• Breanna
    VIP June 2015
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

Right now I'm open to anything lavender, don't have much of a choice. I'll talk to my girls tomorrow and see if I can't get them to go out and buy some damn dresses.

• Crystal L.
    Master August 2015
    Crystal L. ·
    • Flag

Oh man, so sorry...they should get their dresses way ahead of time, in case anyone needs alterations or anything. The pregnant BM, I can totally understand, but the rest should get right on the dress shopping...yikes. Praying it all works out really well for you!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics