A.Magill.Since.May
Master May 2018

How are you breaking in your wedding heels?

A.Magill.Since.May, on May 1, 2018 at 4:24 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 28
Saved Save
My wedding is in 18 days and I'm trying to break in my wedding heels so I'm not miserable after three hours on my feet in these heels. I'm wearing them around the house in thick socks while vacuuming and doing dishes because I'm not risking wearing them outside lol
How are you breaking in your wedding shoes?

How are you breaking in your wedding heels? 1

28 Comments

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

I'm going to do the same when the time comes closer. They are converse but I'm definitely not risking getting blisters in Vegas again and being miserable the next day when I'm going to want to be out on the town doing stuff.

• L
    Expert May 2018
    LIZ ·
    • Flag
    Mine are wedge sandals with about a 2 inch heel. I NEVER wear heels because of back issues, so when I am home I wear them around, not to break in the shoes, to break in the back!! LOL
  • K
    Expert May 2018
    K ·
    • Flag

I'm going barefoot for my beach wedding - but just wanted to say that those shoes are adorable!

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh, I didn't realize you needed to break Converse in! I've got a pair to wear at the reception (matching Converse was FH's idea). I should get started on those too!
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Short wedges are a smart choice. I normally like tall heels but I went with much shorter ones for the wedding. I don't want my shoes holding me back lol

How are you breaking in your wedding heels? 2
  • Erin
    Savvy July 2018
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I too am wearing converse and my wedding will be in Vegas (July)! Woohoo!

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I literally never wear sparkles and for some reason I love these incredibly shiny shoes. I doubt I'll ever wear them again but I'm happy to step out of my comfort zone once lol
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    If I can ever decide on which shoes I want to buy/wear I'll be doing the same.
  • A
    Savvy July 2018
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I fill up a bag of water, put it inside the shoes, and put them in the freezer-stretches them right out!
  • Erin
    Savvy July 2018
    Erin ·
    • Flag

Very cute! If I could handle heels i'd wear those!

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

I did exactly what you are doing, any time I need heels broken in I wear them around the house on carpet with thick socks, like hiking or running socks.

Your shoes are super cute!

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag

I'm doing the same, though my socks aren't really thick.

I started out wearing them barefoot last year when it was still warm out, and took a break for the winter, not realizing that I should be wearing them with socks. I just started wearing them around the house again.

I'm only wearing them inside, but the bottoms have gotten pretty scuffed up, which I guess will limit how they can be shot in wedding accessory photos.

• A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It might limit the photos, but it's probably better for you on the wedding day. Heels with scuffed bottoms are less slippery lol
  • M
    Expert May 2018
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    I'm dancing in mine lol and I've been practicing my first dance along with my father daughter dance in them Smiley smile
  • A_Mart
    Super June 2018
    A_Mart ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing suede/leather booties for our outdoorsy wedding (which might require some hiking) heels were out of the question for me, but I'm looking forward to wearing really comfortable shoes on my wedding day and then being able to rock them later!

• Beth
    Expert October 2018
    Beth ·
    • Flag
    I have those shoes too for my wedding! Just going to do the same thing Smiley smile
  • #YouHadMeAtRai
    Dedicated September 2018
    #YouHadMeAtRai ·
    • Flag
    I’m debating between converse or heels and have to decided by next week before my fitting. Does sneakers make the dress look differently compared to heels?? I rather comfort lol
  • Jayme
    Devoted June 2018
    Jayme ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Mine are in the freezer as I write this. Our friend was over as I filled the bags and put them in the freezer this afternoon. She thought I had lost my mind.
  • Jayme
    Devoted June 2018
    Jayme ·
    • Flag
    The kids went to get a snack and were so confused.

How are you breaking in your wedding heels? 3
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I've never heard that before! Have you done this before with other shoes? That is pretty neat!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics