Cori
Super September 2012

Horrible Make up trial.

Cori, on July 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save

I had my make up trial earlier today and it was horrible. In their dim light it looked ok. Than I got into my car looked in the mirror, the foundation didn't match my skin tone at all!!! Plus she did some funky line off the outside corner of my eye. Their eyeliner didn't stay very well, they don't use water proof mascara (sp?), she didn't blend my eye make up very well (I wanted a smokey eye), AND on top of all of that they use a hydrating spray on my face after the make up was on "to set the make up into my pores". OH MY GOODNESS, can I just talk about how every little blemish on face could be seen and all of my pores where like HEY LOOK AT ME!!! I am DIYing my own make up now.

15 Comments

• ShaTerra
    Super September 2012
    ShaTerra ·
    • Flag

I know how you feel. Luckily I know several MUAs and found the perfect one my 2nd time

• Shellie
    VIP July 2012
    Shellie ·
    • Flag

Well I'm sorry you didn't like it-

but it is pretty common with a smokey eye to do a wing on the corner of your eye. makes your eyelashes look bigger.

• Cori
    Super September 2012
    Cori ·
    • Flag

I have weirdly long full eyelashes already, like when I wear mascara and my eye is open, my eyelashes touch just underneath my eyebrow and leave black dots. But the wing was big, akwardly big for my small face.

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

Sounds to me like the MUA was either new or just lacked the skill of a true professional. Thankfully, it was a trial and not the actual day. Don't be afraid to shop around for another MUA if you don't want to apply your own makeup the day of.

• MyLove&HisMrs.
    VIP November 2014
    MyLove&HisMrs. ·
    • Flag

I say try again. This girl is obviously not a professional. No professional would do your make-up in a dimly lit room.

• Melody
    Expert August 2012
    Melody ·
    • Flag

Sad to say, that's what trials are for. You still have time to find someone who knows what their doing or get in a lot of practice yourself. I say, if you know how to make yourself beautiful, go for it!

• Christina
    Expert September 2012
    Christina ·
    • Flag

I agree w/MyLove...When I scheduled my appointment for my makeup consultation, she specifically scheduled the appointment for the morning (when lighting was best) which will also be around the same time I will be getting my makeup done for the wedding.

I am also bringing my own eyeliner and mascara (I have an allergy to most eye makeup).

One thing to checkout if you are planning on doing your own makeup is benefit. They have a "kit" for the type of eye you are looking for. Or visit a store like Ulta/Sephora (even Macy's, Nordstroms, Dillards) where they can help you find what you are looking for. Smiley smile

• Janny  Molina-Zambrano
    December 2019
    Janny Molina-Zambrano ·
    • Flag

That sounds to me like the MUA is new. On a bride there should not be any blemishes showing, your skin should have been flawless and smooth. Waterproof mascara is always a must in a MUA's kit I never leave home with out it for my brides. I'm sorry you had to go through that, at least it was a trial run and it wasn't your wedding day. Good luck in finding one if you choose to find an MUA.

• Kristi
    VIP August 2012
    Kristi ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry it didn't go well. Luckily it was just the trial. My trial didn't go well either. I may just do my own & have her put my lashes on. For me this just means less stress. But I have one more trial tionight with a different person, so I'll see how this one goes Smiley smile

Good Luck!

• Deatrice Snuggs
    December 2019
    Deatrice Snuggs ·
    • Flag

Great lighting is always needed to apply makeup. However just to piggyback on what MUA Janny said, you may want to make sure your MUA has waterproof eyeliner as well as mascara. Hope the next trial is a hit!

• Jesi
    Super June 2012
    Jesi ·
    • Flag

I went to Macy's to the makeup counter and had a girl there do my makeup the way I was hoping to do it for the wedding. Then she wrote down all the products she used. I ended up finding all the products for cheaper at Walgreens later on and I did my makeup myself the same way she had done it. I'm still looking at pictures from the wedding going "Dayum, I did a good job. I should do this professionally." Smiley winking Not to toot my own horn or anything hahaha...My younger cousin was a BM (she's almost 15) and she did everyone's hair including mine and we all looked fabulous. It helps that her mom's a stylist and she was raised to do hair and waxing and nails etc... Plus it was all free besides the cost of supplies ^_^

• Shannon
    Expert September 2012
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

Was it MAC hydrating spray? I had a trial with them and they did that too and I was like, "who the heck wants makeup to SET INTO THEIR PORES????"

• FutureMrsC.
    VIP May 2013
    FutureMrsC. ·
    • Flag

Well thank God for the trials. You are ahead of the game. Don't be ashamed or afraid to shop around. You dont want to have to worry about that on your wedding day!

• Corinne S
    VIP November 2012
    Corinne S ·
    • Flag

Sorry to hear you encountered problems! Like any vendor, you might have to try out a few before deciding on "the one"

Good luck!

• Mrs. Christie H~
    Super August 2012
    Mrs. Christie H~ ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry it didnt go well. Honestly, you do your own makeup all the time, you have a better idea of what you do and don't like. You will look beautiful regardless!

Comment on this discussion