Jacklyn
Savvy August 2018

Honeymooning in wine country

Jacklyn, on Dec 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Posted in Honeymoon

Anyone go to Napa for their honeymoon?? If so, where'd you stay? I love the idea of staying somewhere on a vineyard but still with nicer amenities but am having trouble finding anywhere. Any suggestions welcome. We are not wanting to spend much more than $250 a night.

Share:

14 Comments

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    Samantha ·

My FH lived in Napa for a while so I have spent a lot of time there, but it is a tourist destination so hotels can be very expensive. His parents visited a number of times and would stay in some nice places since they were on vacation so I can give you some recommendations but they were not cheap and prices may have changed. What type of amenities do you want?

ETA: typo

• AndiAlaska
    Savvy April 2018
    AndiAlaska ·

My parents are from Napa and we still visit the family still living there very often! Look at Bed and Breakfasts and look at the smaller surrounding cities like Calistoga and St Helena too. Everything is so close by, I'm sure you'll find something around there to fit your budget! Good luck!

• Jacklyn
    Savvy August 2018
    Jacklyn ·

Thanks! I am hoping to find somewhere that would have a spa and maybe a restaurant on site or within walking distance.

• Joanna
    Expert October 2017
    Joanna ·

I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but weren't a bunch of the wineries and vineyards destroyed in that fire earlier this year?

• IronMaiden
    Expert May 2018
    IronMaiden ·

Sonoma county, which is close by would be a better option based on your price range. It's close to Napa so you could go to Napa for a day trip. Kenwood Inn & spa is incredible.

• IronMaiden
    Expert May 2018
    IronMaiden ·

Only a few wineries were effected, only one or two were fully destroyed.

• Joanna
    Expert October 2017
    Joanna ·

Thank you @OliviaP. That's good to know.

• IronMaiden
    Expert May 2018
    IronMaiden ·

Vintners Inn is another one in Sonoma valley that's a nice in and spa. It's close to the road that takes you out to Calistoga

• IronMaiden
    Expert May 2018
    IronMaiden ·

You're probably going to have a hard time at $250 per night in either Napa or Sonoma.

• J
    Savvy September 2016
    jessica0918 ·

We went to Napa/Sonoma a few years ago (that's where my husband proposed!) and we stayed at a very nice B&B in Napa. There are so many options for modestly priced & quaint B&B accommodations, and even some upscale Air BnB options. No matter where you choose, make sure you plan ahead- research the vineyards that are worth the splurge and add to your list the ones that offer affordable tasting options. The best ones we found were the least we'll-known. Have fun!

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

This is where I have been wanting to stay for quite a while. It is a hotel/spa called Golden Haven, and they have specials that include couple's massages and they start at $118 pp, so that is definitely under $250 a night.

Here is the one special they have right now:

Room & Spa Treatments From $118 Per Person

The Spa Getaway and Ultimate Getaway packages are Golden Haven’s most popular room and spa package. Both are designed for two people coming to the Napa Valley for a relaxing overnight stay and rejuvenating spa treatments. The Spa Getaway features an overnight stay and mud baths, while the Ultimate Getaway also includes hour massages.

http://www.goldenhaven.com/vacationspa.htm

eta: forgot to add the special info

• KDoubleU
    VIP October 2017
    KDoubleU ·

I second Sonoma! My parents are members of Gloria Ferrer and they're an amazing sparkling wine house. Very good wine and a cool tour.

Mayo vineyards is good as well. The owner lost his house in the fires, so I was happy to spend my money there when I was in CA last month.

• MNBride
    Master June 2017
    MNBride ·

We stayed in Sonoma because it was less expensive. We stayed at the Inn at Sonoma, it was lovely. Larger and less creepy than a b&b but still small and had homemade breakfast everyday. There was one just down the road, MacAurthur place that had a spa and we ate at their steakhouse and enjoyed it. I looked at one place in Napa, the River terrace inn.

• Jacklyn
    Savvy August 2018
    Jacklyn ·

Thanks all! This helps a lot!

Comment on this discussion