N
Just Said Yes August 2021

Honeymooning in Greek Islands - reco from a Greek?

NGS2, on February 4, 2020 at 12:41 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 4
Saved

I live in the US but am Greek -- I can speak the language, understand the culture, and know when I'm having quality Greek food. I am trying to avoid too touristy islands. Any recommendations? Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cassandra, on February 10, 2020 at 11:24 PM
  • Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I studied abroad in Greece and we went on a day trip to three different islands while we were there. I really enjoyed Aegina (The island of pistachios)! There were some tourist but definitely not how I imagine places like Santorini or Mykonos to be. It was absolutely beautiful!

• N
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    NGS2 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Taylor!

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Welcome to the WeddingWire community Smiley smile Greece is such a beautiful destination for a honeymoon. Have you ever been to any part before?

I searched online and found some quiet islands. Of course, the quieter destinations are often the ones that are harder to reach! You should check out Ikaria, Lesvos, Chios, Leros, Kalymnos, Crete, Samothraki, Skyros, Karpathos, Anafi, and Ithaca Smiley smile

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    Crete is supposed to have everything! They also have a lot of really small villages. We are also going to Santorini for the scenery but are excited for the authenticity of Crete!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics