Pik_Z
Savvy October 2010

Honeymoon

Pik_Z, on June 3, 2010 at 3:28 PM Posted in Honeymoon

Any plans for a honeymoon?

I am thinking of going to Machu Picchu. I hear that it won't be open for tours much longer as it is slowly sinking and will become unstable. I will be looking into it but I'm open to back-up suggestions.

Where will you be going?

Share:

18 Comments

• ♥ Elizabeth Nicole ♥
    Master May 2011
    ♥ Elizabeth Nicole ♥ ·

We'll be going on a Western Carribean cruise. I hope. But we're not THAT far into planning yet. But, that's what we'll be saving for. lol

• Laura Frazier
    March 2019
    Laura Frazier ·

What about Mexico? You could stay in a great resort in the Riviera Maya and check out the Mayan Ruins?

The Greek Islands are also fantastic!

P.S. Love your pic!!

• ~Bride 8/28/10~
    Master August 2010
    ~Bride 8/28/10~ ·

We are going to Hawaii!!! :-) I can't wait, I am super excited!

• Asian~Wife
    VIP September 2010
    Asian~Wife ·

I have always wanted to go to Machu Picchu! I think it depends on what you are looking for. Active honeymoon or relaxed honeymoon? I think Machu Picchu will be pretty active. A friend of mine went recently and told me of all the hiking/climbing up stairs she did.

• snaps
    Expert June 2011
    snaps ·

I was thinking of Peru as well, but we really want to spend a lot of time there and in Chile - so it will have to wait until we get our 12 weeks of paid long service leave in 2014. If I were you, I'd definitely go! In the meantime, we're going to Mexico (have a vacation club membership at a resort Riveria Maya), Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras on our honeymoon.

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·

We just returned from Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun Mexico, where we got engaged. And we have plans to go there for our honeymoon as well. It's a secluded and beautiful resort.

• C
    VIP October 2010
    Christie ·

It sounds great. Especially if you want to check it out while you still can. I am going to Greece.

• Heidi14
    Expert July 2010
    Heidi14 ·

We are going to Curacao! I'm so excited!

• Michaela
    Devoted May 2011
    Michaela ·

French Riviera!

• Leah
    Dedicated December 2011
    Leah ·

Still not 100%, but definitely leaning heavily towards the New Zealand & Australia vibe. We both seperately studied abroad in Australia in college, so part of me wants to go somewhere totally new, but what an amazing thing to do the both of us!

• Olga
    Expert August 2010
    Olga ·

10 day mediteranean cruise - Spain, Italy and French Riviera

• Pik_Z
    Savvy October 2010
    Pik_Z ·

Wow! So many great ideas. I would love to do a Mediterranean cruise as well. My FH and I went on the Mexican Rivera Cruise were we got engaged on a private beach in Puerto Vallarta. I just want to travel! I would love go back to South America (like Chile or Rio) then again there are so many more places I want to go... like EVERYWHERE. haha

• ERH
    Master October 2010
    ERH ·

We're going on a cruise to the Western Caribbean. We were originally gonna fo Greece, but I heard that the weather is terrible in Oct., plus I was nervous about their economy.

• M
    VIP July 2010
    MNBride2010 ·

We're going to Italy! Staying in Rome most of the time w/a couple of nights in Venice and many day trips planned. Soooooooo excited

• Scott Jones
    March 2019
    Scott Jones ·

A bunch of good ideas- here's another one that may interest you Pic_Z

I have clients going to Costa Rica in a few weeks- renting a 4x4 w/ GPS & self-driving from San Jose to up near Arenal volcano for 4 nights, then driving down near Manuel Antonio at all-inclusive for 4 more nights.

In neither case are the accommodations "roughing it", but in terms of hiking, seeing and doing C.R. is tough to beat (and the pricing came back very nicely)

• Shana
    Master October 2011
    Shana ·

EZTravelpad, that our plan! Costa Rica seems like the best of both worlds when it comes to honeymoons. We're hoping to do a few days in the Arenal region to visit the hot springs and do some ziplining through the rainforest canopy. And then hiking in Monteverde and then relaxing on the beach in Manuel Antonio. So excited!

We thought about Australia and NZ, but coming from NYC, we'd lose an entire day just getting there and the prices for plane tickets is about as much as we might spend our entire time in CR.

• Dana Franklin
    March 2019
    Dana Franklin ·

So many great options. The world has some amazing places to visit! I would love to assist anyone that is looking for help! My services are complimentary!

• Pik_Z
    Savvy October 2010
    Pik_Z ·

Ohhh that would be cool. Costa Rica... Hmm. I did hear from a friend that there is a company (I can't remember who) but they have Motorcycle tour where you would ride during the day and they have cabins and camp sites set up to sleep at night then drive to the next stop. I'll have to look into something like that.

I would love to go back to europe but my mind keeps going to South America. Easter Island would be cool too.

Comment on this discussion