Diane
Beginner November 2016

Honeymoon with toddler?

Diane, on May 31, 2016 at 12:53 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 24
Saved Save

Well looks like we are taking our 1yr old with us on our honeymoon. Any suggestions on places that are family friendly?

24 Comments

• Nicole
    VIP June 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Disneyland/world. Atlantis Resort. Disney Cruise.

• Rachel DellaPorte
    December 2019
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

You'll have to make the best out of an oxymoron (Honeymoon/Toddler). Find a family friendly place with a luxurious room you can crash in at night. Run the toddler ragged throughout the day (I speak with experience when I say that's possible). Get him/her to pass out as quickly as possible. Then, be real quiet...and enjoy a few nights of...you know.

• Stephanie
    Devoted October 2016
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I want to say a lot of cruises have a children's center/Nanny services, if you're comfortable with that. But I've never been on a cruise so I could be completely making that up.

• materantiqua
    VIP December 2016
    materantiqua ·
    • Flag

I would do Disneyland or personally, I'm dying to go to Universal Studios because of the Harry Potter attraction. I feel like Disneyland might have more to offer the little one though.

• Nicole
    VIP June 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

@Stephanie, they do.

• Jennifer
    Expert July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Beaches resorts.

• Diane
    Beginner November 2016
    Diane ·
    • Flag

I was planning on getting at least 2 nights "in" lol I've been seeing allot of cruise adds lately might as well look that up.

• Amanda J.
    Master March 2016
    Amanda J. ·
    • Flag

I suggest a cruise as well. They great programs for small children. I would suggest a suite though so that you have a little extra space.

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

Unless you really want to go, Disney seems a waste for a 1 year old. A cruise sounds much more suitable, though late night clubbing will be out.

• Diane
    Beginner November 2016
    Diane ·
    • Flag

@Ericka just at Disney land or Disney Cruise

• MNBride
    Master June 2017
    MNBride ·
    • Flag

We went on a Carnival Cruise and they have a day care program. We don't have kids but we talked to several parents who used it and they all said it was AWESOME. Nothing but positive things to say.

The only thing is they might have to be potty trained. I don't know where you are/will be with that. Make sure you ask them that before you book any resort or cruise that offers a day care program.

• Samantha
    Devoted July 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

The beach! My mom and dad took my brother and I (ages 1 and 2) to Ocean City, Maryland for their honeymoon.

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

We just did Disneyland with a 2 year old and 4 year old and we had a blast. Just give yourself time to enjoy and rest. We did 5 days and it was perfect.

• Ericka
    Expert December 2016
    Ericka ·
    • Flag

I usually sugesst my clients do 5 days one day at each park and a 2nd day for Magic Kingdom and also have 6 nights at the resort with the last day for rest and relaxation and maybe some shopping at Disney Springs a day away from the parks before the travel back home. I also suggest they have the dinning plan this way when you get there your food is already paid for and you will have some reservations at some of the best restaurants shoot I make sure to eat with Mickey Mouse everytime I go lol

• Diane
    Beginner November 2016
    Diane ·
    • Flag

I would love to get a quote!

• Amanda
    Super June 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I know some of the resorts at Disney World offer a babysitting service or kids activities to allow parents to have a night out, you could look into that.

• Diane
    Beginner November 2016
    Diane ·
    • Flag

I'm definitely going to look into it. We want to have at least 1 dinner alone.

• Nessa
    VIP December 2017
    Nessa ·
    • Flag

I remember as kid, going to cruises with my parents and LOVING the child care services. It was as much of a vacation for me as it was for my parents. So a cruise is my suggestion.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

The Disney Aulani Resort in Hawaii is very nice. It is definitely kid friendly but gives you the romantic feel of Hawaii. It is a bit pricey, but it might be good for the whole family without fighting the huge crowds of one of the Disney parks.

• SailawaySomppi
    VIP April 2018
    SailawaySomppi ·
    • Flag

Stay away from Carnival if you go the cruise route and make sure you read age limits on other lines. Carnivals program starts at 2 years old, and I think other cruiselines are similar.....Ill be honest, with a little one, a cruise is the last thing I would have fun doing....go to Disney (and Im saying this as a cruising fanatic) ETA: I just looked around for you... Carnival starts at 2, Royal Caribbean is 3, Norwegian is 3 and Disney cruises is 3.... so you wont be able to drop off a 1 year old and have a quiet dinner at all.

Comment on this discussion