J
Just Said Yes October 2018

Honeymoon to Italy

Jasmin, on Dec 4, 2017 at 10:39 AM Posted in Honeymoon

My FH and I are looking to go to Italy for our honeymoon, we live in Kansas City. Is there anyone who has gone to Italy before ? For how long ? How much in flights and hotel did you spend ? . Also do you recommend we spend a day or two in Greece ? We would like to go to Greece for one day just to see the beauty quickly since we know we would not be going back for a long time. Any recommendation on how far out we should book the honeymoon also! We get married in October. TIA

Share:

9 Comments

• J
    Jasmin ·

Rome and Venice are mainly where we want to spend time

• Heather
    Devoted April 2018
    Heather ·

We will be going to Italy for our honeymoon in May. We will be flying from Boston to Venice. Staying in Venice for two nights and then embarking on an eight night cruise of the Mediterranean (stops in Italy, Greece and Croatia)! Food, alcohol and gratuity on the cruise is included. Total is just under 4K for the both of us including airfare. We have a great travel agent!

• Spaghetti
    VIP November 2018
    Spaghetti ·

We will be going next November for 5-6 days. It's a short trip but that's all we can do for now more so because of getting time off at work. We are spending the entire time in Rome with one day trip to another city. I would suggest setting a budget then figuring out what works best. If you search things like "5 day itinerary in Rome" you'll get a step by step plan to get some ideas. Also look up vacations through Costco or travel groups and see what the most popular cities and trips look like.

Europe itself isn't that expensive, it's actually less expensive than many places in the US. It's just the airfare but right now we have about half of our flight covered with our credit card rewards. So by the time we book most of the flight will be covered.

• Jill
    Super October 2017
    Jill ·

@heather who is your agent? are they local to MA?

• Heather
    Devoted April 2018
    Heather ·

Nope! (She's a college friends mom based out of Salem Illinois) Tina at Salem Travel Bureau!

• J
    Jasmin ·

Thank you so much @spaghetti ! Our budget is 4,500 so will be happy with whatever time we can get with that. It's both our dream to go to Italy.

• swfan2016
    Devoted November 2017
    swfan2016 ·

We just went to Rome Venice and Florence. I strongly recommend adding Florence. My lifelong dream was pretty much to visit Rome and I ended up liking Venice and Florence better!

• Sydney
    Savvy April 2019
    Sydney ·

My fiancé and I did Rome and Greece (Athens) in March for about $1,200 a person. Definitely not the same as a honeymoon by any means, but both are gorgeous. Athens you can zoom through in one day and then go to the islands which was highly suggested but not do-able for us at the time (we'll be back!) Rome was great and we did a day trip to Pompei. We stayed very busy in both places (finance is a history fan) so I highly suggest it. Our flights we're $450 (deal!) and spent about $100 a night at each hotel/AirBnb. I've heard northern Italy is just as amazing so maybe tour the country. Greece is a bit out of the way. Enjoy!

• B
    Bernaline ·

I just recently came back from Italy this past November and my fiance and i were there for 6 days. We started out from Venice for a day. We took a gondala ride with some friends and it was an experience. It's 80 euros per ride and there's a bunch of places in Venice to catch a gondala ride. Try to get a hotel there for a night, because the Venice is very close knit and it's hard to carry your belongings everywhere. We then went to Rome for the next 4 days and if you want to see everything in Rome, try to do at least 4 days. There will be a lot of walking around. The taxis are pretty affordable though, from the hotel near the Roma Termini to the Vatican, it was 13 euros. Try the family restaurant called Osteria de Fortunata. It's family owned you and you can see ladies in the window making pasta, try to arrive around 12:30pm so that you don't have to wait in line for a seat. We went to Pompei in between our stay in Rome for a day, but honestly didn't need to. In my opinion, it was nice to see history but I could have gone without seeing it. If you decide to go to Naples though, make sure to go to Toledo Street and try there famous fried pizza from Sorbillo and then 4 doors down, try Mennella's their best gelato shop there. I would suggest to go for about 2 weeks to see everything. Our flights were $950 dollars through faredepot and we spent about 700 euros while there. I wish we had time to see Florence and Tuscany. Also kinda wish we went in the summer so that we could get a boat ride through Ana Capri in Naples or the blue grotto.

Comment on this discussion